Telecom Scam??

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I was just wondering if anybody here knows why people always call from the Southwest Yellow Page Advancement Advertising wanting to "update my free listing?" I know there is something shady about it, I just don't know what it is. Anybody?

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
I was just wondering if anybody here knows why people always call from the Southwest Yellow Page Advancement Advertising wanting to "update my free listing?" I know there is something shady about it, I just don't know what it is. Anybody?

That sounds like a hybrid name "Southwestern bell yellow pages" or "Yellow book" would be more in line. Call your local book publisher (on the front page of phone book inside) and ask them if they have heard of that name. If not then call LE and report it.

Unfortunately, its that time of year again. Also what number popped up on your caller ID? All exchange service sellers should list under the same area code as they use a local trunk even if the center is in another location. Its a cost thing.

S

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I will get 10 calls a month just like that. I asked the guy this time... "What's the scam, you know my address, why are you calling?" He hung up. :rofl

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
I will get 10 calls a month just like that. I asked the guy this time... "What's the scam, you know my address, why are you calling?" He hung up. :rofl

Well at least they know your number for when they get caught. :thumbsup Think of it as prospecting ... :biggrin