Table Top Car Show of Ford GT's on the Ford Performance Website

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
A sampling of my humble little collection of a variety of interesting Ford GT's made the Ford Performance website a few weeks ago, I just stumbled across it today. Click on the website link below:

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Randy. Great collection.. Love the matchbox!..

Reactions: SYCO GT

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Wow, I missed that. Good going.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Randy. Great collection.. Love the matchbox!..

Found it several years back in a small pawn shop in the pedestrian mall area in Riverside near the Mission Inn Hotel, a famous structure built in the 1920's. (Old school wooden charm as opposed to modern marble finishes).

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Wow, I missed that. Good going.

I could definitely get used to the kinder, softer, Dr. Frank, offering the occasional, highly appreciated compliment!

Reactions: Roadtrip

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Don't push your luck.

Reactions: Roadtrip

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
And he's back....

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
A sampling of my humble little collection of a variety of interesting Ford GT's made the Ford Performance website a few weeks ago, I just stumbled across it today. Click on the website link below:

Very cool! I totally get the model thing!
Want to play cars this weekend?
I can play till the street lights come on.But than I gotta get right home or I’m in big trouble!

Reactions: extrap

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I can play till the street lights come on.But than I gotta get right home or I’m in big trouble!

We used to literally play in our backyard, which was actually small gravel rocks over dirt. We'd make roads and homes, a small town for our scratched, scuffed, dented, and well-loved handful of hot wheel cars!

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
My mom still tells how as a child I'd run my "racy cars" all around on everything including the old brick fireplace hearth which had gaps from missing mortar. When my dad eventually sledgehammered it apart to renovate it they found a bunch of my hot wheels / matchbox cars had been stuck in there. I kinda remember doing that, sorta, maybe, but don't remember being upset about it. Maybe I felt like it was my hiding spot.

Last edited:

medici78

GT Owner
Dec 31, 2006
El Paso, TX
That's awesome!! As a fellow nerd I also have most of those in my collection as well, lol. 😬

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
they found a bunch of my hot wheels / matchbox cars had been stuck in there.

Hope that you jammed one or two hotwheels into the newly rebuilt fireplace, for old times sake.

You should read Edgar Allen Poe's short story, "The Black Cat" which shares a discovery within the tale.

.200px-Poe_black_cat_byam_shaw.JPG

Reactions: extrap

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Cool story!

Ed