Votes: 9 50.0%

• Total voters

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
T minus 2 months Prospective NFGT applicants. Now T-1

[/B][/B]Yeah! We've past the first trimester. Only two more months until NFGT selection process may begin. It's getting harder to sleep. I'm trying not to put the cart before the horse but it's quite challenging. I find myself playing with the NFGT configurator on a fairly frequent basis. Is this normal???

How many of you have already settled on a color scheme should you be so lucky to be selected? (Also For those that already have a NFGT, did you pick a color before being notified?)

Last edited:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
You are normal on this forum!

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
After seeing Tomy's White / Blue Stripes car in person, it's going to be hard not to go with that amazing looking combo.

Would be tempted to do the same blue / white combo on my 2005 to match. Has anyone used that color on a new GT yet ? I don't remember seeing one.

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Guilty....

I thought the selection/notification date was April 5th. No?

I have built my car over an over.... I included it my application video.... we would keep our 05 Quicksilver so we can attend shows and events with both cars.... afterall.... Dana my wife told me I better Get My Own!!!!

https://youtu.be/eISMNRIIaTk

Good Luck to you!

Doug

Yeah! We've past the first trimester. Only two more months until NFGT selection process may begin. It's getting harder to sleep. I'm trying not to put the cart before the horse but it's quite challenging. I find myself playing with the NFGT configurator on a fairly frequent basis. Is this normal???

How many of you have already settled on a color scheme should you be so lucky to be selected? (Also For those that already have a NFGT, did you pick a color before being notified?)

Last edited:

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
And then there are the “ out of the box series “ i.e Carbon and other combos that may be offered by then.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Is everyone having the re-occurring nightmare of waking up in cold sweats at night, finding the notification email went to junk mail, and realizing an hour after the 10 day deadline to respond??

Haha...

On the plus side, there is no such thing as a bad color combo. Or if there is, I haven't seen it yet.

Looks good in so many different hues and shades. So, hard to mess up.

Of course, there are some really amazing colors, so it would of course be a dream to create something truly unique and stunning.

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
T minus ONE MONTH!
If my application correspondence from Ford is correct, NFGT allocations could start in less than a month...March 7. It’s getting harder to sleep. Good luck to all

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
T minus ONE MONTH!
If my application correspondence from Ford is correct, NFGT allocations could start in less than a month...March 7. It’s getting harder to sleep. Good luck to all

I Thought the notications were in April——-can someone pin this down?

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
Clarification on possible date would be great. Either way I'm fine, aside from the added anxiety.

I first saw comments when the application dates were published stating April 2019 notification. But when I submitted my application I got the following email response stating 90 days from application deadline which would hint to early March....
"MARCUS,
You have successfully submitted your application.
What’s next:
You can return and edit your application up until the application submission deadline of approximately 12:01 PM GMT on December 7, 2018 for applicants in the participating territories.
Applicants will be notified of their status within 90 days of the application window closing.

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
All the dates I read stated April 5th.

55 days 10 hours 1 minute an 1 second...... but whose counting?

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
good luck to all!
My Number is up! Agonizing over ordering color options!! Fortunate to get CF series! down to one exterior color, can't decide on accent package yet! (Conservative versus bold!) Have not seen many GTs in person so difficult to make final decision! Want it to be right no regrets! Life time opportunity for me! Thank you Ford! Can't imagine extended palette option! Congratulations to those who did!!

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Gene. Congrats. These cars soooo speak for themselves.... GO BOLD! Enjoy!!! Can wait to see it!

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
Each year has its own very special Heritage edition to include the CF model. So I will wait and see the options and go big at the end. Once in a lifetime for me.