Attachments

• SCS_GT.jpg
    SCS_GT.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 313

ron1416

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2013
Southern California
Yeah, last such event ( 2 years ago) drew over 25 FGTs.
A group of us drove through Malibu Canyon Road out to PCH ( Pacific Coast Highway ) for lunch afterwards.
Being the featured "Marque" car , FGTs will be in a specially designated section (upfront in the first row) along with the Shelby Cars. I plan to be there early , and hopefully can save some adjoining spots for us.
Who's In !
Ron

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
A group of us drove through Malibu Canyon Road out to PCH ( Pacific Coast Highway ) for lunch afterwards.
Being the featured "Marque" car , FGTs will be in a specially designated section (upfront in the first row) along with the Shelby Cars. I plan to be there early , and hopefully can save some adjoining spots for us.
Who's In !
Ron

And saw Jerry Seinfeld with his new 918. Wish that guy that followed us and took video footage would have thrown something together.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
And saw Jerry Seinfeld with his new 918. Wish that guy that followed us and took video footage would have thrown something together.

Yeah that was really cool.

Let's hit this event strong!

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
The event is this Sunday. I know of a few of us going. Hope we can get a strong showing!

ron1416

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2013
Southern California
Rain?

Who's In !
Ron
The current weather forecast calls for "Heavy/Moderate" rain ( 100% Late Saturday night through early Sunday morning) . Question is whether it will clear before the event starts and the lead time to get there (?).
I spoke with the event organizer yesterday . He understands everyone concerns, and wouldn't expect many to show up if it's raining. So, if you want to take the chance or some rain doesn't concern you , you might have some company there in the morning. Depending on the turn-out ( specifically, the lack of), he would consider selecting another day for the FGT/Shelby Super Car Sunday later this year.
Although not looking too good now from where I'm at , I'm going to see what it looks like later tonight before making the decision.

ron1416

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2013
Southern California
A Brave Few

The current weather forecast calls for "Heavy/Moderate" rain ( 100% Late Saturday night through early Sunday morning) . Question is whether it will clear before the event starts and the lead time to get there (?).
I spoke with the event organizer yesterday . He understands everyone concerns, and wouldn't expect many to show up if it's raining. So, if you want to take the chance or some rain doesn't concern you , you might have some company there in the morning. Depending on the turn-out ( specifically, the lack of), he would consider selecting another day for the FGT/Shelby Super Car Sunday later this year.
Although not looking too good now from where I'm at , I'm going to see what it looks like later tonight before making the decision.

(3) FGTs showed up at the Super Car Sunday event. Surprising since the heavy rain fall just stopped hours earlier. It turned out to be a clear/dry/sunny day ( a bit windy). Very few other cars compared to normal turn-out.
GTForum Pic .jpg