Super Vette May Be History

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005

04mach1

Jan 2, 2007
Small town ohio
I think thats a stupid mistake on his part.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

The 'Vette is what it is though, '001.
I really can't see GM removing the halo from their halo car.:frown
The Blue Devil (to which I assume you're referring) shouldn't amount to diddley as far as effecting GM's total gov't requirements picture.

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I doubt the Corvette is part of that statement.

The domestics already have the knife in, but the legislature is preparing to twist the knife. A return to RWD sedans will be one of the victims. Ford has the same problem making a case for the Interceptor and MKR...

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
If the Camaro is excluded, there's no reason not to believe the 600-650HP Vette SS will also be excluded. Bob should consider late retirement...I understand he is somewhere north of 65.

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
...make that "very late retirement." Bob Lutz turned 75 on Feb 12th. He's a brilliant guy, but a golf course might be a more appropriate challenge at age 75.

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

'Supercharged 6.2 liter????? What weenie made THAT decision?

Supercharged 427 has a MUCH nicer ring to it!!!!!!!

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Sounds like GM has been paying attention to Dodge and will initially introduce a bigger engine than planned (at least 468 cu in and 650+ HP) with cabability to at least match future HP increases with the Viper. Should be alot of crash pictures of these cars over the next few years.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Sounds like GM has been paying attention to Dodge and will initially introduce a bigger engine than planned (at least 468 cu in and 650+ HP) with cabability to at least match future HP increases with the Viper. Should be alot of crash pictures of these cars over the next few years.

Your last stmt is the reason I'm fully expecting a horsepower crackdown by the feds or the ins. co's. - or both - before too long just on general principle, Kirby. If "public safety" doesn't kill the H.P. scene, "P.C." of some kind will...

It's only a matter of time the way I see it. 'Hope I'm wrong.

Buy 'em while yuh can still get 'em.

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
The whole Corvette thing just goes to show that Chevy is not the leader of any pack. Their 40+ year old sports division is just plain lazy. Ford and Dodge have high power supercars, and since GM can't make one, or even convert the pitifull vette into one, they quite and blame it on the government?

As Penn and Teller would Say: Bullshit!

Oh no they say, the goverment wants us to make better cars, wah wah wah, like a baby. It's tooooo hard, wah. Pull up your panties GM, you saw this coming 20 years ago (you too Ford).

For those that don't remember, I had a corvette, a 50th anniversary, and it was the second biggest piece of shit I have ever owned. Might have been ok except the Chevy dealers are useless, they won't fix anything.

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
If you haven't owned an '07 Z06, you are not up to date with the progress of the Corvette. It's a refined race car with the amenities of a luxury car for $80,000. It's a whole lot more than a good value.

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Generally agree w/ Kirby here. The new Z06 is a bargain-priced, high-volume, world-class car. I love the performance and I'm possibly in the minority when I say I like the interior of the car. Sadly, I can't get past the ugly exterior. Not sure how it is that GM can build such a wonderful car but still can't figure out how to get the proportions correct.

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
I'll never buy another GM after the way the crappy dealers treated me (3 different dealers).

The Vette I had was very nice for the first couple months, and I don't hold low opinions of those that own them. Many have told me how great theirs was, but for me, I am done with GM! I'd say done with American cars in general, but too many would hate me for that :biggrin Besides, if Ford comes up with another, limited production, supercar, I'll be in line with the rest of you. I'd even go for a Limited Production Dodge.

My wife wants a Ferrari or Lambo for her Birthday (June) but I'm trying to tell her it's not a good gift for a pregnant lady, wait for XMas! :biggrin