Stripes?

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Did they paint the stripes on the cars with the windshield in or out? Am wondering if you can change the stripe colors easily or if its about as easy as a total repaint. :bored

would rather do paint vs vinyl .....

Last edited:

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I've had two painters look at mine and both said painting just the stripes would be no problem. I've already removed the side stripes and installed black wheels in preparation for painting my white stripes black (on a red car).

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Did they paint the stripes on the cars with the windshield in or out? Am wondering if you can change the stripe colors easily or if its about as easy as a total repaint. :bored

would rather do paint vs vinyl .....

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaalright. What 'you up to NOW??? :frown

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
only the shadow knows.:secret::secret::secret::secret:

:lol

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Then 'I be' "QSY" to the shadow's "20" fer a lil' 'vestigatin'!

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Then 'I be' "QSY" to the shadow's "20" fer a lil' 'vestigatin'!

You're changing radio frequencies? :rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
Stripes

The proper way to redo the stripes is to remove the front fasica, hood, clamshell, clamshell glass, rear fascia, and rear wicker. The fascia's have to come off in order to take the screens out so the paint can go under the screens. The hood has to come off in order to make it easier to paint. The clamshell glass has to come out in order to get the paint under the glass. Not a hard job, but if you want it done correctly it is time consuming.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
You're changing radio frequencies? :rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

'At thar is C.B. radio talk fer changin' LOCATIONS ("10-20") in that particular context (as best I can recall from over 25 years ago!)! :lol

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
The proper way to redo the stripes is to remove the front fasica, hood, clamshell, clamshell glass, rear fascia, and rear wicker. The fascia's have to come off in order to take the screens out so the paint can go under the screens. The hood has to come off in order to make it easier to paint. The clamshell glass has to come out in order to get the paint under the glass. Not a hard job, but if you want it done correctly it is time consuming.

Thanks Rich for the reply on this. My latest GT just sold to a local DR and I am looking for a replacement. This one is going to be a keeper so I'm looking hard and trying to figure out just what to do in the stripe department to make her just a bit more different and a little more special.

I had looked into vinyl but was concerned about bubbling vinyl on the vents and possible scratches on the rest of the paint during the install process. So I believe paint is the way for me to go .....

Thanks Again.:thumbsup:thumbsup

Viper

FORD GT OWNER - U.K.
Aug 9, 2008
Kent UK
I covered mine with tape so that I can put it back to std or change colours as and when my mood does

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
I've had two painters look at mine and both said painting just the stripes would be no problem. I've already removed the side stripes and installed black wheels in preparation for painting my white stripes black (on a red car).

I'm interested in changing mine Red/white to Red/black as well.... my thought was to do it with high grade vinyl, but not sure how to handle the rear vents.

Any pics or 'chops out there?

mardyn

H

HHGT

I think Red/Gold would look awesome as well.