Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
If one insists on doing on the street what ought to be done on a 'track...

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
The 911 driver's ego/testosterone got away from him with disastrous results.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
From what I can see is one Porsche did a very tight pass and the other Porsche made a mistake and put the left side wheels off the road and lost control crashing offroad to the right. Sad to see. A pass like that should never be attempted on a public road! Seems like this took pass in Germany, so maybe they were not speeding.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I think he was driving a VW, not a Porsche. My German is rusty, but zwei hunert is over 200 kph.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I think he was driving a VW, not a Porsche. My German is rusty, but zwei hunert is over 200 kph.

Well seeing the video again, I can't tell what kind of car is was. However VW, Audi and Porsche are just about the same company nowadays.

Team Jeff

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2007
The caption says it was a 300hp VW Golf.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Looked like a kid... it is certainly a sad thing to see. I am glad no one else got hurt. My sympathy to those left behind.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Looked like a kid... it is certainly a sad thing to see. I am glad no one else got hurt. My sympathy to those left behind.

...and mine, very sad! May he RIP, and his loved ones be comforted and this video be shown to other street racers. We need to develop tracks and drag strips for folks to run their cars at.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
That can't be the same car... the VW went off the road... the one on fire is up on the road again. :confused:confused

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
That is weird that the VW Golf was going off the road and then is lined up straight on the road in flames. I think it said he was 26 years old. Very sad.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Sad. That was reckless and they paid for it.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX

I worked my way through school working on Vws and kit cars. A Porsche is a vw.

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
Its sad to say but as this video and others show cars can be as dangerous as any other weapon if misused.

thrashdu2002

Feb 26, 2007
Fortuna,Ca
wow, thats a crazy wakeup call for a lot of people probably. maybe not on this forum but for all the young people that race. im 21 but i take my focus out to the track to race. the track has a lot more people to race plus we get to race the police. well i did before i moved now i dont know where the track is down here in sacramento.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Ed Sims would know a track in Sacramento.

You have Infineon Raceway in Sonoma, which I recall as Sears Point, where we used to run quarter miles on Wednesday nights.

thrashdu2002

Feb 26, 2007
Fortuna,Ca
thanks syco gt because i wasnt sure where to go. i actually live in davis and work in fairfield so im not that far away at all from it.im gonna hve to check it out.

MWG

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Northern California
thanks syco gt because i wasnt sure where to go. i actually live in davis and work in fairfield so im not that far away at all from it.im gonna hve to check it out.

Sacramento Raceway is an option for you (http://www.sacramentoraceway.com/) Every Wednesday night February through November (5-10 PM). $9 admission / $7 extra to race.