Stillen clutch group buy

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
We have been working with Stillen and AP Racing as we are wanting to see if there would be enough interest in doing a group buy on the Stillen (AP Racing) Stage 1 clutch. This is the clutch that we have been installing and recommending throughout the years as an alternative to the OE. AP Racing is the OE supplier of the stock clutch in our cars. The Stage 1 is slightly more aggressive but not an “ON/OFF” type of clutch like some of the others out there. Very street-able and we have installed many of them, all with good results.
Since the original supply of the Stage 1 is gone, the costs have went up to do another run, but we are hoping to keep the costs similar to what they were. For this order, retail cost on the clutch is $2700 but if we can get 25 orders (with deposits) we can sell them for $2350 plus shipping from MI. The GT Guy LLC will be handling all of the ordering and will have the entire order shipped to us and then we will handle shipping them out to each person. We will need a deposit of $1500 each for at least 25 pieces.
Lead time on the order is at least 3-4 months but we are hoping to get the shipment in sooner.
Please send me an email richgtguy@gmail.com if you are interested.

peiserg

GT Owner
Aug 15, 2010
Phoenix, az
Ill take one

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
One for me.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I'm in!
Don't miss a golden opportunity here folks

Lightning

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 9, 2006
Hutchinson, Kansas
Yes, they won't get any cheaper. I'll take one.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
I'll take one.

Chip

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Sounds good, Rich! Thanks for putting this together! Put my name on one.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Im in too! E-mail sent also.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I've always liked the Stillen clutch, but already have an extra NIB in case I need it down the road. Nice piece of hardware.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Will this include a flywheel?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
No, clutch discs and pressure plate assembly (rich clarified for me e via e-mail)

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington

As of yesterday no flywheels available from Ford GT parts.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Now wait a minute, you want me to send you a large amount of cash for something you don't have? Is your name Rich Ponzi?

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Why do so many need new clutches? Mine feels as good at 23k mi as it did at 3k mi. I understand the heavily hp/tq modded cars. Is everyone who is "in" heavily modded? Do I need to buy this and put it on the shelf in case I need it in another 75k mi?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I have zero use for one now, and may never, but a clutch is a consumable item, and I would like a spare as this might be the only chance to get one of these.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I have zero use for one now, and may never, but a clutch is a consumable item, and I would like a spare as this might be the only chance to get one of these.
What he said. Some parts are getting hard to get and later could have long lead times. For some consumables a spare is a good idea. Plus this seems like a good price. I'm on the fence.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Good deal but I wish Stillen would sell replacement discs.

Silly to pay thousands to replace hundreds in friction material.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Good deal but I wish Stillen would sell replacement discs.

Silly to pay thousands to replace hundreds in friction material.

So, the Stillen's are not rebuildable? Spec clutches are 'infinitely rebuildable'.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
So, the Stillen's are not rebuildable? Spec clutches are 'infinitely rebuildable'.

They weren't in 2010.

Like changing your calipers when you need new brake pads.

Last edited:

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Why do so many need new clutches? Mine feels as good at 23k mi as it did at 3k mi. I understand the heavily hp/tq modded cars. Is everyone who is "in" heavily modded? Do I need to buy this and put it on the shelf in case I need it in another 75k mi?

I need a new clutch 100,000 on mine . Just re-installed original...Both are AP...I Like the Stillen version better .