Spyker C8 ??? Anyone one here have experience with one?

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Hey guys, I've been banging around the idea of buying a Spyker C8. Has anyone here had experience with one (Good or Bad)? My big concern is reliability and drivability. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Reach out to GTKurt, he has a Spyker and can give you the full story!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
was it good or bad?

I know a guy up in the Boston area that has one. Seen the car many times, I love the car. The finishing, engine turning, the shifter mechanism, pedals, are all awesome. He hsant had any issues, but he also drives is very little (VERY little). It has an Audi driveline (I'm sure you knew this), so one would anticipate it would be decent? I've toyed with the thought of one, but never seriously looked. Not a rocket ship, but sure is distinctive .

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I own a Spyker C8 Spyder, and love it. It's styling is unlike anything else. With over 50 sports cars and race cars under my care over the years, I put it in the top ten. It handles like my lotus Exige S240, but with V8 grunt. I have had no issues with maintenance, as it is fairly simple and straightforward. I have two other friends each of whom own a C8 Laviolette, I know that they would agree with me. To me, it's the modern day Cobra.

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
I own a Spyker C8 Spyder, and love it. It's styling is unlike anything else. With over 50 sports cars and race cars under my care over the years, I put it in the top ten. It handles like my lotus Exige S240, but with V8 grunt. I have had no issues with maintenance, as it is fairly simple and straightforward. I have two other friends each of whom own a C8 Laviolette, I know that they would agree with me. To me, it's the modern day Cobra.

Thank you sooo much!!! I was really worried, as I have never seen one in person, much less known anyone who has owned one. But I have seriously wanted one (the short, short list, LOL) since the first press release in the early 2000's. It almost seems like an East Coast, West Coast car...

To me, it's the modern day Cobra.

I feel this way about the Z8 also.