Speedy Sleeve cut-off

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
I'm looking at an early production gal. Does anyone know when (or about when) the speedy sleeve cutoff was. (IE what production number ended the speedy sleeve issue)

Aug 25, 2006
I do not think that a point in time was determined but rather those with the issue were tended to.

They were the first of the engines as such I would have to say 04 and very early 05.

If her date were shared I maybe able to confirm whether she is even in the window of time that others were being tended to.

Takes care

Shadowman

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
3 things I've wondered when looking at early 2005 cars with speedi-sleeve repairs from the factory:

-Is having a speedi-sleeve repair really a significant negative if done properly ?

-Would it possibly affect long-term life of the engine or components ?

-What would be involved with doing a 'proper repair' ?

Thanks

Aug 25, 2006
3 things I've wondered when looking at early 2005 cars with speedi-sleeve repairs from the factory:

-Is having a speedi-sleeve repair really a significant negative if done properly ?

-Would it possibly affect long-term life of the engine or components ?

-What would be involved with doing a 'proper repair' ?

Thanks

As follows;

1. No; a speedi-sleeve repair albeit a much easier means to correct an issue at the crank sealing surface is not a new procedure; this has been a standard within the industry for many many years with no long term issues.
2. No; the speedi-sleeves sole purpose is to create the perfect and surface finish for the seal to ride on; once in place it is forgotten. It is not a wear item.
3. The instructions have been attached

Takes care

Shadowman

Attachments

• Ford GT Speedy Sleeve.pdf
    286.9 KB · Views: 161

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
my blue car with close to 60000 miles is a speedisleeve car, #164 and no problems, I heard the speedisleeve stopped somewhere in the mid 400's

Pete S.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
MA
My 2005 #0507 is a speedi sleeved car. For whatever reason, as everything seems to happen to me, most recently the power steering hose, speedi-sleeve'd car had a rear main seal leak at around 20,000 miles. My concerns of failure are about zero, it should hold up as well every other car, with or without.

One small note, before we tore the car down to do the work, we contacted Ford to question if mine was a speedi-sleeve'd car, Ford said no. I don't believe there is a known cutoff, and I don't think it makes any more or less than having the nice looking A - arms.

Pete S.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Speedi Sleeve's are a common "repair" for old Chevy's also.......

I'm rebuilding the IKEA 65 vette (bought it in boxes - a lot of them:bored) w/ 327 and in lieu of a Spededi Sleeve I replaced the harmonic balancer all together...... Cost about 12x but it is original :thumbsup