ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

At the 24 Hours of Daytona in 2016 after making note of the really cool Sparco fire suits the drivers were wearing I told DBK that I'd love to have that exact suit with all of the logos. He told me that was probably impossible and that they were very expensive. I considered trying to have one made myself but gave up that idea. I was surprised and happy to learn that IF one had a NFGT allocation they could order the suit, helmet, and other gear. After Le Mans in 2016 I wanted one of the custom Ford GT watches that Bill Ford gave out to a few team members and I'm happy to know that there will be an exclusive watch for NFGT owners as well.

I now have all of the Sparco gear and the suit and helmet are works of art worthy of being put on display. I bought two of everything. One set with "Chip Beck" on it to use and another set with "H034" on it to keep brand new to pass on to Charley or whoever the next caretaker is after I'm dead. The Sparco suit fits me perfectly and it's a lot cooler and more comfortable than the Simpson suit I've been wearing at track days and at the Mile.

Like the owner watch this gear is only available to the 750 people with an allocation and I view it as an essential part of these very rare and special cars. Even if you never intend to wear the suit or helmet I'd order one to put away or display (order it in Joey Hand's size if you just want to display it). I'm going to order that owner watch with a Speed Yellow face but I'll probably never wear it. It just needs to be with the car as well. That CF helmet looks killer sitting in my home office. I will display the folded driving suit on the dash of my GT at auto shows.

I don't give a damn what my new GT is worth as it's priceless to me. But someday somebody will care and I think this Sparco gear matched to your GT will make your car more desirable. Yeah it's expensive but I think that owners who pass on it are making a mistake. At least that's my take on it. All the best.

Chip

Attachments

• Sp 3.jpg
    Sp 3.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 632
  • Sp 4.jpg
    Sp 4.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 660
  • Sp 10.jpg
    Sp 10.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 612
  • Sp 5.jpg
    Sp 5.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 620
  • Sp 6.jpg
    Sp 6.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 644
Last edited:

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona

Attachments

• Sp 17.jpg
    Sp 17.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 622
  • Sp 19.jpg
    Sp 19.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 597
  • Sp 15.jpg
    Sp 15.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 630
  • Sp 16.jpg
    Sp 16.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 615
  • Sp 12.jpg
    Sp 12.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 615

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona

Attachments

• Sp 13.jpg
    Sp 13.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 620
  • Sp 18.jpg
    Sp 18.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 624
  • Sp 9.jpg
    Sp 9.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 600
  • Sp 7.jpg
    Sp 7.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 616
  • Sp 8.jpg
    Sp 8.jpg
    298.8 KB · Views: 584
Last edited:

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Really cool stuff Chip! You deserve it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Awesome!!

Last edited:

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Gentlemen,

At the 24 Hours of Daytona in 2016 after making note of the really cool Sparco fire suits the drivers were wearing I told DBK that I'd love to have that exact suit with all of the logos. He told me that was probably impossible and that they were very expensive. I considered trying to have one made myself but gave up that idea. I was surprised and happy to learn that IF one had a NFGT allocation they could order the suit, helmet, and other gear. After Le Mans in 2016 I wanted one of the custom Ford GT watches that Bill Ford gave out to a few team members and I'm happy to know that there will be an exclusive watch for NFGT owners as well.

I now have all of the Sparco gear and the suit and helmet are works of art worthy of being put on display. I bought two of everything. One set with "Chip Beck" on it to use and another set with "H034" on it to keep brand new to pass on to Charley or whoever the next caretaker is after I'm dead. The Sparco suit fits me perfectly and it's a lot cooler and more comfortable than the Simpson suit I've been wearing at track days and at the Mile.

Like the owner watch this gear is only available to the 750 people with an allocation and I view it as an essential part of these very rare and special cars. Even if you never intend to wear the suit or helmet I'd order one to put away or display (order it in Joey Hand's size if you just want to display it). I'm going to order that owner watch with a Speed Yellow face but I'll probably never wear it. It just needs to be with the car as well. That CF helmet looks killer sitting in my home office. I will display the folded driving suit on the dash of my GT at auto shows.

I don't give a damn what my new GT is worth as it's priceless to me. But someday somebody will care and I think this Sparco gear matched to your GT will make your car more desirable. Yeah it's expensive but I think that owners who pass on it are making a mistake. At least that's my take on it. All the best.

Chip

So is there going to be another special watch for those with a NFGT allocation... or are the watches DBK posted the link on the ones you are talking about? Oh... and I totally agree on the Sparco package... gotta have it with the car.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Way cool Chip!

Ed

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
really nice we can get this matching equipment to go with the cars.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
So is there going to be another special watch for those with a NFGT allocation... or are the watches DBK posted the link on the ones you are talking about?

The last watch that DBK gave you a sneak peek at that you can't order yet. It will be way more expensive than the first 5 and will only be available to NFGT owners. Like this Sparco gear, it will have the serial # of your GT and will only be available to the original owner.

Chip

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
How many others have purchased the track kit since this post? I saw Barry's at Utah motorsports and it was a big hit. He signed a few autographs as Joey Hand!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I'm sure this will surprise NO ONE, I have every piece of Sparco gear.

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Chip very impressive! Thanks for sharing!

Gentlemen,

Chip

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

Interesting that this thread popped back up as I was talking to Fred at Sparco yesterday. He’s in Scottsdale today and I’m meeting with him to talk about another very cool item that’s on the horizon. Once it’s 100% a go I’ll post it up here. Cheers.

Chip

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Incoming

Gentlemen,

This morning I spent a couple hours with Fred Nader of Sparco North America and we discussed a few new GT owner items, one in particular that’s going to blow your mind when you see it. I didn’t know till yesterday that Fred and his wife have a winter condo here in Scottsdale and they come out often. I picked him up in my GT and over coffee I learned all kinds of info about our cars and Sparco’s roll as a supplier of components and engineering including the entire seat assembly in both the new and ‘05-‘06 GT’s. Fred is a genuine GT enthusiast and was very dialed in to new features and items that GT owners would use and enjoy. Hopefully within a couple weeks I’ll be able to post up some more details. All the best.

Chip

Attachments

• FC0DC420-9646-4978-8375-6CA4C50638FA.jpg
    FC0DC420-9646-4978-8375-6CA4C50638FA.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 329
  • 67E2D886-7BF2-45D0-93B9-8258C78CF329.jpg
    67E2D886-7BF2-45D0-93B9-8258C78CF329.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 329
  • 691E46F3-D143-40EF-9379-CE0089FA6669.jpg
    691E46F3-D143-40EF-9379-CE0089FA6669.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 325

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I was SUPER lucky to have found this on E-bay... you never know what can pop up.

So I now have 2 FGT Sparco suits.

Attachments

• 20180615_130149.jpg
    20180615_130149.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 276

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Has anyone tried to text with those gloves?

Ed

FrankTheTank

GT Owner
Jul 27, 2016
Austin, Texas
Gentlemen,

Chip

Thanks Chip! I ordered my complete set of everything yesterday.

Frank the Tank

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Has anyone tried to text with those gloves?

Ed

Yes, and I crashed into the barrier at the end of the main straight. I suggest waiting until you pit.

Chip

LOVE CHP

GT Owner
May 30, 2007
Central Calif.
Yes, and I crashed into the barrier at the end of the main straight. I suggest waiting until you pit.

Chip

Good one!

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I got the whole kit including the rolling bag.