source for salvage GT's

jbyrnes

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 13, 2006
Louisville CO
Does anyone know of a source for salvage GT's, someone who's collecting wrecked cars for parting out? (No specific need yet - just hoping we'll have places to go as Ford sell out of the OEM parts)

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
X2 Collision in Maryville, IL. They advertise on E-bay. I've used them for many years for all my bodywork. Great place and nice guys, but pricey. Many of us have found parts there.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The GT Guys

Rich and Dennis are an invaluable resource for GT owners, so I'd use them before anyone else just to make sure it's worth it for them to stick around.

nsfkid

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2007
Port Credit Ontario
The GT Guys

Rich and Dennis are an invaluable resource for GT owners, so I'd use them before anyone else just to make sure it's worth it for them to stick around.

I second that. Their work is first class!
:cheers

Mike

jim gibson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 13, 2009
warren, ohio
Rich has helped me out countless times! I've never had to have them work on my car, but if I do, it'll be there in a heartbeat.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Andy in Lufkin, TX

Rebuilt 50+

10x nearest competitor

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
I second that. Their work is first class!
:cheers

Mike

I third that !!

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
Does anyone know of a source for salvage GT's, someone who's collecting wrecked cars for parting out? (No specific need yet - just hoping we'll have places to go as Ford sell out of the OEM parts)

I've parted on 7 cars if anyone needs anything. thanks, scott

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Andy in Lufkin, TX

Rebuilt 50+

10x nearest competitor

Whatever happened with him and the Bugatti? I never heard anything after he bought the second one.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Whatever happened with him and the Bugatti? I never heard anything after he bought the second one.

X2
Fubar im rebuilding your old black car. I made it a roller last weekend:) Boy was that thing messed up. You are a very lucky person....

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I've parted on 7 cars if anyone needs anything. thanks, scott

I have purchased several things from Scott in the past and I would highly recommend working with him.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
OMG... I figured that thing would barely qualify as a parts bin.

Scooter

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 15, 2009
My yellow FordGT is from Scott at X2.....his shop repaired it and did a incredible job!! Scott if you read this thanks again!

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
OMG... I figured that thing would barely qualify as a parts bin.

I took alot of pics. The only parts good was, clamb, right door, all hardware in drivers door,rear suspension, passenger seat, gauges, all the intertior panels minus the dash and left door panel ( THAT WAS AMAZING All the leather stuff was good) rear window, Motor trans rear bumper, rear frame stubs. Thats it the rest of that car was Destroyed.........

? Did you break your legs in that accident?

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
X2
Fubar im rebuilding your old black car. I made it a roller last weekend:) Boy was that thing messed up. You are a very lucky person....

Your rebuilding Fubars old car? It was completely cut in HALF..... How can it be safe? Just curious.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Your rebuilding Fubars old car? It was completely cut in HALF..... How can it be safe? Just curious.

The guy im doing it for had a chassis that had one bad front casting, so i sold him a casting and i am resurecting the DEAD. I kinda gotta lotta parts too........

There was the passenger rear casting and the passenger side frame rail that was good on Fubar's chassis..Other wise cut in half is no Sh.t

Last edited:

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Did you break your legs in that accident?

Yep, as I recall the floor pan was torn out as the car slide up over a curb. I suspect that my right foot got involved with that curb somehow. Breaking your right leg is a real bummer too; it's hard to drag race with a cast on. I was there when the car sold at auction. I would have bought it for $30 but it sold for almost $70... I couldn't believe it. I think the buyer was from Houston. Are you rebuilding it for that guy? I am guessing you are not going to do a 'close to stock' build?

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Yep, as I recall the floor pan was torn out as the car slide up over a curb. I suspect that my right foot got involved with that curb somehow. Breaking your right leg is a real bummer too; it's hard to drag race with a cast on. I was there when the car sold at auction. I would have bought it for $30 but it sold for almost $70... I couldn't believe it. I think the buyer was from Houston. Are you rebuilding it for that guy? I am guessing you are not going to do a 'close to stock' build?

No it will be 100% stock and the chassis the guy has to fix it was black with silver stripes so it worked out great. It sold to a guy in Kansas city and has not been touched since he bought it and then I bought it from him. If you remember I tried buying it from you before it went to auction. Well i ended it up with it just 3 years later LOL I'm takn alot of pics of the car going together and your old car coming apart...I felt bad for your feet when I started takn it apart. WOW is more like it:)

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
If you remember I tried buying it from you before it went to auction.

I didn't connect the dots on that until you mentioned it. I do remember talking with you about the auction. I thought you'd get that thing for sure at the money you were willing to give. I couldn't believe it went as high as it did. As I recall you had a run in with Bony when he was being a little frisky with the moderator powers. Thanks for reminding me... glad you finally got the car.

I could have sworn some of the motor mounts were broken. I was worried that the block would be damaged.

Leaving it stock, really? You'd better get that 2.7 pulley off then.

Last edited:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
That sounds amazing,the rebuild
I would love to see pictures of the process