Source for "FORD GT" windshield decal like this ...

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Does anybody know of a source for this FORD GT windshield decal? I've searched and can't find anything so far. Thank you ...

ford_gt_pamela_rose-1.jpg

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
I've attached a vector pdf file of that Ford GT logo- any sign place could cut any color vinyl to whatever size you want. I can email an .eps file if you like.

You'll have to stick it on the car one letter at a time to align visually with the round windshield. (As an example, when I put the Dunlop logo on my old Turbo Cup car, that had to be put on one letter at a time to look right on the curved bumper.)
dunlop curved.jpg

Attachments

• Ford_GT [Converted].pdf
    50 KB · Views: 0

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
That's great, thanks! I was able to open the PDF with Adobe Illustrator and round off the 3 squared-off inside 'curves' (y) and I think I can determine the windshield's radius and then modify the logo in Illustrator so the whole decal of letters lays correctly right off the printer so no eyeballin' needed 🍻 ... that's where I go awry :confused:

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
Hmmm. When I zoom in, it's clear that's not the real logo- a few glitches in it. I don't remember where I got it!

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Hmmm. When I zoom in, it's clear that's not the real logo- a few glitches in it. I don't remember where I got it!

Real logo or not, it looks correct enough to me (y) Here are the square inside corners vs my rounding of them:
gtvgt.jpg

Reactions: roketman

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
Real logo or not, it looks correct enough to me (y) Here are the square inside corners vs my rounding of them:

Much better! Hey, send me your corrected version please. Centerpunch@gmail.com

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Much better! Hey, send me your corrected version please. Centerpunch@gmail.com

Sent! (y)

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
Got ‘em, thanks!

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Here's what the FORD GT logo in the vector file we're discussing looks like, if anybody else wants/needs it:

FORD GT logo JG mod v200831a.jpg

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
Here's what the FORD GT logo in the vector file we're discussing looks like, if anybody else wants/needs it:

Maybe the inside of the R should have a few square edges slightly radiused?
more radii.png

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
View attachment 60978
If your going to get some made up . Please make one for me in blue please! Let me know the cost
Thanks!!!!

Reactions: extrap

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Any sign company can make them. I wanted mine to stand out and broader than the Ford race cars as they looked too skinny for such a broad looking GT!

Attachments

• 549860E2-D2E2-4816-8F66-ED97E86C8EE6.jpeg
    549860E2-D2E2-4816-8F66-ED97E86C8EE6.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Just a thought for you newbies. You can get a windshield skin for your GT's. Consider - glass is probably $2K or more now. plus to do it right, both fenders must come off (this is a pain in the ass due to the fender liners). A skin is probably now $250-300, maybe more. Good protection. I would get a skin and put your decals on top of it.

Reactions: THamonGT and extrap

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
If your going to get some made up . Please make one for me in blue please! Let me know the cost
Thanks!!!!

An eBay seller says they can make the decal using an Adobe Illustrator vector file I provide, and he's quite inexpensive. I'll finish curving the letters, order one from him, and let you know how it works out. If good, I'll give you his eBay name and you can buy direct from him telling him to use the Illustrator file I sent, but use blue (y)

Reactions: roketman

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Any sign company can make them. I wanted mine to stand out and broader than the Ford race cars as they looked too skinny for such a broad looking GT!

Yours is one that struck me :cool: 🍻

Reactions: THamonGT

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
An eBay seller says they can make the decal using an Adobe Illustrator vector file I provide, and he's quite inexpensive. I'll finish curving the letters, order one from him, and let you know how it works out. If good, I'll give you his eBay name and you can buy direct from him telling him to use the Illustrator file I sent, but use blue (y)
Excellent thanks

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
The exact dimensions of the Windshield Eyebrow on my Ford GT are: white background 7 inches high and 43 inches wide across The windshield. The blue letters are 4 1/4 inches tall with 2 inches between each letter. Obviously spacing will be different according to the numbers of letters, I felt the letters FORD were enough as like the race cars so it would distinguish it is a Ford!

Attachments

• 7D9F3E98-2537-4362-A1BF-4BAA6983CACE.jpeg
    7D9F3E98-2537-4362-A1BF-4BAA6983CACE.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Maybe the inside of the R should have a few square edges slightly radiused?
View attachment 60980

rdzoom.jpg

FORD GT logo JG mod v200901a.jpg

Reactions: centerpunch

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
To each his own! I like mine, with the background color and the numbers just like the race cars. Easy to see and distinguish in a race or on the street!That’s why ice cream comes in different flavors! Good luck

Attachments

• 50C32849-F627-4E84-8AA2-A84042A23F0F.jpeg
    50C32849-F627-4E84-8AA2-A84042A23F0F.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
To each his own! I like mine, with the background color and the numbers just like the race cars. Easy to see and distinguish in a race or on the street!That’s why ice cream comes in different flavors! Good luck

Yep. I like yours too (y) and might even change to it instead ... I'm gonna photochop a rough mockup on my car and see which I like better, then decide. Even if I go with yours, I'll still have the FORD GT vector file, for anybody here to use.

Reactions: THamonGT