Something to check - striker

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Noticed a new wind noise last night, passenger door did not seem to be closing completely. Upon inspection I found the door latch striker bolts loose. I adjusted the fit and re-tourqued the fasteners (30 Nm/22 lb-ft). I also checked the driverside torque, they were not loose but each took about a half turn to proper torque. Im a 2005 with ~7K miles.

May be worth a quick check. Cheers.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I'm an 05 with 7k.

My nuts may be loose.

I'll see a doctor.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I'm an 05 with 7k.

My nuts may be loose.

I'll see a doctor.

You might wanna have him check for a few loose screws, too...an' a couple dead shorts to ground! :biggrin :cheers

Wuv you, Neil!

(Edit: Okay...before someone "asks"... Yes. I've had mine checked. Doc said there's nuthin' he - or anyone ELSE in the medical profession - can do for me. Okay? :bored :tongue)

Last edited:

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Thanks for the tip.

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Noticed a new wind noise last night, passenger door did not seem to be closing completely. Upon inspection I found the door latch striker bolts loose. I adjusted the fit and re-tourqued the fasteners (30 Nm/22 lb-ft). I also checked the driverside torque, they were not loose but each took about a half turn to proper torque. Im a 2005 with ~7K miles.

May be worth a quick check. Cheers.

Door latch striker bolts :confused, Could you please post a picture ?

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
More accurately, they are torx head screws that mount the "D" shaped striker on the door jamb. I nabbed a pic from the Elite Autos website and circled the striker.

Attachments

• GT DOOR JAMB.jpg
    GT DOOR JAMB.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 126