Somebody needs to set the record straight.

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
What's up with this?

http://www.nasa.gov/centers/kennedy/news/worldrecord.html

I'm pretty sure there are a few members of the forum that have already crushed that.

Best Regards,
Waldo

dbackg

dbackg
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Reminds me of the movie Tommy Boy.

Tommy: Let's think about this for a sec, Ted. Why would somebody put a guarantee on a box? Hmmm, very interesting.
Ted Nelson, Customer: Go on, I'm listening.
Tommy: Here's the way I see it, Ted. Guy puts a fancy guarantee on a box 'cause he wants you to feel all warm and toasty inside.
Ted Nelson, Customer: Yeah, makes a man feel good.
Tommy: 'Course it does. Why shouldn't it? Ya figure you put that little box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right, Ted? [chuckles until he sees that Ted is not laughing]
Ted Nelson, Customer: [impatiently] What's your point?
Tommy: The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy; well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser, and your daughter's knocked up. I seen it a hundred times.
Ted Nelson, Customer: But why do they put a guarantee on the box?
Tommy: Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of sh*t. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.

I suppose Homer feels alll warm and fuzzy inside. :rofl

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Was the G-Force crew there? I thought that car sold on fleaBay for a million bucks.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
223 mph in the standing mile. A world record ?!? Ahhhh.....OK.

Chip

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I've seen a VW do that at the Texas miles. This looks like an Onion News Special. yawn.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
It must be true, its on the internet!

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
The article says the runway can be rented for an eight day per year minimum. When is the next track day????? I hope Guiness is there for that one.

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
223 mph in the standing mile. A world record ?!? Ahhhh.....OK.

Chip
Exactly. I'm sure somebody around here has that beat by 35ish mph.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I think you have to say the only record broken was for that particular runway. That car is far from street legal in the eyes of the EPA. It is easy to set a record if you are the only one trying.

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Can someone interpret this for me. I never have been good at reading moron. :willy

.........besides didn't he drop 30mph from his last "world" record?? Guess if Guiness isn't there for a run it didn't actually happen. :thumbsdow

6s219

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 30, 2010
Covina, CA
Approximately 3 weeks ago I meet Johnny Bohmer, and had to listen to him flap his jaw about how he IS the next best thing since sliced bread. Not knowing who he is/was I asked if he is a member of this forum to which
he replied, "Hell No"! Then went on blabbing about the members of this group are a bunch of "prima donnas" ! Well after searching his name and finding many post's about this individual, and after reading several of the posts, I now see why he responded they way he did.
I can sum this person up in one word; "ASSHOLE"! (or is that two words???) I think he goes to the top of my list for one of the most arrogant people I have met!

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
223 was so 2008 :willy

guess we need to call up Guinness and line up a track rental :banana

He will really pout when we crush it by over 40 mph

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
What ever happened to his claim that he would do 300mph? - :lol

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Let's get a group and rent it !

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
223 was so 2008 :willy

guess we need to call up Guinness and line up a track rental :banana

He will really pout when we crush it by over 40 mph

Ray, you should go to Tom (Skyrex's) upcoming Mojave speed day. You'll completely crush that other guy's mile run (again LOL) plus set a new TOP speed since you can also run a longer than mile run.......

rdjmp

GT Owner
Feb 6, 2011
DFW Texas
Okay, here's the JB World-Record-For-Everbody Plan... There are 3428 forum members listed. If we each find our own track and each run uncontested on our private track we'll each have our own record for that track - 3428 world records! Yay! Everyone's a winner and everyone is special, just like awards day at Kindergarten.

Better yet... Make him pout Ray!

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
I would like to say I don't find this annoying....but I do. :frown We have four Forum members who have run faster than that in a Standing Mile (Peak, Mark H, Apollo and Mullet) not to mention that Ray blasted this guy in person. What a tool. :thumbsdow

H

HHGT

Has anyone contacted the event sponsors?

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Were there any armed guards to protect him from the Guiness people? :thumbsdow