Social distancing GT style

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Ok there is no upside to the current situation. I wish everyone to be safe and stay healthy in these difficult times
But you can practice social distancing if your a car guy or gal!
So,how many miles have you done social distancing in your GT? I’m up to about 200!

Attachments

• 5981547C-5EE8-482C-8C19-4BEEFE1ECBE4.jpeg
    5981547C-5EE8-482C-8C19-4BEEFE1ECBE4.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 53

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
These days a better question might be:
"How many miles have you driven anything!"

In my own case, over the past 3 weeks that'd be a 3 mile round-trip to pick up wifey's meds. Period. ;-)

(STELLAR photo, BTW. (y)(y))

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Lol.
Yesterday was walking my mutts, and saw a guy in a MB with the windows closed, and wearing an n95 mask.
Btw, I'm an MD.
Please keep your loved one's safe by using common sense.
We enjoy this great place to share our feelings.
Best to all my brothers and sisters!
Mark

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
I have organized a neighborhood collector car Parade of about an hour's length. No need to get out of the car. Develop a route, pick a meeting time and place and begin the tour. The tour leader picks the next week's leader, who decides on the day and route of the next tour. Lots of horn honking and waving. Of course, this is not an option if you live in an mandatory shut-in-place state. Not yet, anyway.

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Beautiful picture!

Car definitely not built for "social distancing '', even before it became a requirement. Drive with heads out the windows? Let's see which of our members will claim the highest speed for this driving mode

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Beautiful picture!

Car definitely not built for "social distancing '', even before it became a requirement. Drive with heads out the windows? Let's see which of our members will claim the highest speed for this driving mode
I generally close the windows around 150. Buffeting becomes serious and noise level becomes quite loud.

Reactions: 93extxdps and jr66

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
These days a better question might be:
"How many miles have you driven anything!"

In my own case, over the past 3 weeks that'd be a 3 mile round-trip to pick up wifey's meds. Period. ;-)

(STELLAR photo, BTW. (y)(y))
Impressive Pockets, that must have doubled your average monthly mileage #!!!!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Impressive Pockets, that must have doubled your average monthly mileage #!!!!

May a diseased yak drop dead in your kitchen pantry.

(You and yours stay well, '17. 👍)

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Did a 280 mile run last Sat with my P-car buddies. Now my county started "shelter in place". As a physician I can move about but my elective surgery practice is essentially shut down for the foreseeable future. Going to work on a racing simulator since I have some free time. Plus...my local road course is open as long as drivers practice "social distancing". No reason I can't sharpen my skills.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
May a diseased yak drop dead in your kitchen pantry.

(You and yours stay well, '17. 👍)
You know we love you, and wish you and yours, nothing but the best!! However, when given the opportunity to pick on you.........

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
You know we love you, and wish you and yours, nothing but the best!! However, when given the opportunity to pick on you.........

Ya, ya, ya! I KNOW, I KNOW!!! ;-)