SoCal Winter Storage Needed

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Looking for a secure place to store my GT this winter in SoCal. Probably NOV thru MAY. I would come out a few times for some road trips. Thoughts on something? Could be anywhere from San Diego up to the OC.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
SoCal winter... is that when the temp drops to the low 70's?

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
LOL, yes! But they drop to -30 in MN.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Make sure not to store it too close to the ocean... may get some rust...

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
Hey Jason,

SYCO GT has a storage facility in SoCal.

See you in Austin.

Dave

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Thanks Hilo Dave!

Here's a link to a short video and article on the award winning facility located in Orange County, CA.

http://services.storage.com/industr...ility-grabs-attention-with-motorsports-theme/

It's even Ford GT and motorsports themed.

Ford%20GT%20app-2225_zpskfm1x9ig.jpg

We have individual, alarmed, fully enclosed storage units perfect for vehicle storage that have been extremely popular. Availability is the only real issue, as we are often filled to full capacity during many times of the season for the individual units.

Jason, I will send you a PM with more info. I hope that we will be able to find something that works for you.

Last edited:

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Looks like SYCO will be full. Any other ideas?

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Happy to meet and show you the facility on Monday or Tuesday of this coming week, just let me know. We can talk to staff and see if we can find out a way to get you a space in November 2016.

oceanside gt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Oceanside, CA
If you're still considering a storage area, here may be a possible option. It's located in Vista, CA which is in the northern portion of San Diego County.

Rancho Santa Fe Motor Club & Storage
3270 Corporate View
Vista, CA 92081
760-305-8938
www.rsfmotorclub.com

I have not seen the facility and am not affiliated with it. For some time I have had this on my to do list as I would like to see the facility in person.

I hope this is helpful. Good luck with your search.

Oceanside GT

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Hi Jason

I'd be happy to dispatch to keep an eye on your car this winter. No need to pay me, just airfare and a nice hotel. And food. And beverage. Tell you what, I'll pay for the gas on my drives!

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Oceanside, thanks for the suggestion. A few others have suggested the same. I reached out to RSF and am awaiting their response.

oceanside gt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Oceanside, CA
Your welcome Jason. Let me know what your impression is of RSF, if you wouldn't mind. Thank you. Joe

Oceanside GT

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Thanks for meeting up with me Jason and glad you were able to take a look at our facilities at www.i5selfstorage.com in person.

Good luck in your search and hope to touch base in a couple months and see where you are at. Would love to store your Ford GT in one of our individually alarmed fully enclosed garages.