Side Mirror Removal

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
The passenger side mirror on 562 apparently suffered a nasty scratch while being transported to AZ. I don't have access to my shop manual. Does anybody know the procedures to safely remove the side mirrors?

Best Regards,

Waldo

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
You will have to remove the door panel and go in from behind. It would be a lengthy post to post all the instructions here. My guys could fax you the instructions out of the shop manual if you need them. Let us know

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I just back out of the garage really quickly without looking and put the passenger side of the car REAL close to the door frame.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
The passenger side mirror on 562 apparently suffered a nasty scratch while being transported to AZ. I don't have access to my shop manual. Does anybody know the procedures to safely remove the side mirrors?

Best Regards,

Waldo

This would be a great time to spring for a set of Kip's carbon fiber mirrors. They would look great on a Quicksilver GT. I'm sorry to hear about this. Transit damage sucks.

Chip

Attachments

• banner_mirror.jpg
    banner_mirror.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 284

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Transit damage sucks.
No truer words...

Shelby, Thanks for the offer, but another fine member of the Forum has offered to email me a copy of the instructions.

If I'm really lucky, the scratch may just be paint transfer from the inside of the hauler. It's tough to tell from my wife's cell phone picture. Worst case, I'll pull the mirror and send it to the GT Guys to be repainted.

Transit damage sucks...

Waldo

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
I just back out of the garage really quickly without looking and put the passenger side of the car REAL close to the door frame.
That's how I've removed one of mine. Didn't even need to go fast :facepalm:

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
No truer words...

Shelby, Thanks for the offer, but another fine member of the Forum has offered to email me a copy of the instructions.

If I'm really lucky, the scratch may just be paint transfer from the inside of the hauler. It's tough to tell from my wife's cell phone picture. Worst case, I'll pull the mirror and send it to the GT Guys to be repainted.

Transit damage sucks...

Waldo

Waldo,

Give me a shout when you get back to Arizona. Did you get your new VSTOL F-35 yet?? Are you getting to fly much these days or does the Corps have you strapped into a desk? I'll fly down to Yuma in the Glasair III so you can fly some aerobatics and do your first outside loop!! See you soon buddy.

Chip

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Did you get your new VSTOL F-35 yet??
No F-35s for me. I've spent the last three years as a non-flying staff officer :ack, and I'm thrilled beyond words to be getting back into a Harrier. I should be rolling into Arizona in early April. I'll be sure to drop you a line when I'm settled.

My first flight since '09 is scheduled for tomorrow. 23,400 lbs of thrust. Life is good.

Best Regards,
Waldo

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
My Kip CF mirror as done by Shadowman.

Ed

Attachments

• IMG_1137.jpg
    IMG_1137.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 147

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Waldo,

Did you ever get any time in a A model. Friend of mine went to fly B's when they first came out.
Hope everything went well yesterday. :biggrin

Check 6

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Waldo,

Did you ever get any time in a A model. Friend of mine went to fly B's when they first came out.
Hope everything went well yesterday. :biggrin

Check 6
The A and C models were well before my time. I know several sim instructors and retired officers who flew the A models. They were quite different than the B models and much more difficult to fly.

Strong, gusty winds and overcast skies yesterday, but no issues for a 1.3. :usa

Best Regards,
Waldo

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Harrier's

Had three Harriers fly over the house yesterday on their way to Cherry Point! At about 1,000 (-) feet. Sweeeet! Names withheld to protect the innocent!

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Had three Harriers fly over the house yesterday on their way to Cherry Point! At about 1,000 (-) feet. Sweeeet! Names withheld to protect the innocent!
Cool. Gotta love the sound of freedom.

Best Regards,
Waldo

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Hijacked thread!

Ed