Shelby Code Red

scode

Mar 28, 2006
Plymouth, MI
This thing is a monster! Pretty slick system too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDHX9GQwQcE&feature=player_embedded

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
"Monster" doesn't BEGIN to describe it!!!

I wonder what the 'freight' will be on this if/when Shelby offers it?

CH53Driver

Shelby GT500 owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 20, 2008
Arkansas.
"Monster" doesn't BEGIN to describe it!!!

I wonder what the 'freight' will be on this if/when Shelby offers it?

I thought I read around 100K+cost of car but I would need to do some searching. It is pretty cool and I love the valve covers.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
I love the 2 complete fuel systems from tank to motor. One holds pump and the other system holds race gas. It uses pump until it senses it needs to mix race with it and does it automatically. Freakin' genius.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I love the 2 complete fuel systems from tank to motor. One holds pump and the other system holds race gas. It uses pump until it senses it needs to mix race with it and does it automatically. Freakin' genius.

:agree: ...but, 'better not forget which tank is which when refueling! :lol

The vid didn't cover it, but, I presume there are TWO fuel gauges as well? ...or at least a switch enabling one to go back & forth bewteen tanks using a single gauge?

No matter if a guy has to use a DIPSTICK - this setup is just killer! :banana:banana:banana

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Sais it was in the "Ford booth" at SEMA? nope.... I wonder where it was. I thought I saw everything, guess I missed this one. Pretty cool ideas though.

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
It was in the entrance in between North Hall & Center Hall. Gary P. was with it most of the time.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Sais it was in the "Ford booth" at SEMA? nope.... I wonder where it was. I thought I saw everything, guess I missed this one. Pretty cool ideas though.

Even Ralphie was caught looking at the cars once in awhile....

:rofl

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
It was in the entrance in between North Hall & Center Hall. Gary P. was with it most of the time.

Just as Rick said and I couldn't stop drooling all over it!!!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Damit, I thought I did really well. Heck even found an area I had no idea existed, outside, on the very last few hours friday. Killer car, would have loved to have seen it.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Damit, I thought I did really well. Heck even found an area I had no idea existed, outside, on the very last few hours friday. Killer car, would have loved to have seen it.

You did just fine. We walked by that car about four times - at least. Stealth black car in a sea of sensory overload. Hard to pick it up. :biggrin

theseeker

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 31, 2009
Sugar Land, TX
Here is the link http://shelbyautos.com/concepts.asp
It is the first car just click expand.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Here is the link http://shelbyautos.com/concepts.asp
It is the first car just click expand.

The list of mods given (when one clicks on "expand") on Seeker's link doesn't say a word about tranny or clutch mods...nor about a scatter shield bell housing. 'Not a big deal in a FGT when all that stuff is located BEHIND the driver (as well as behind the engine!), but, in "Code Red", all that stuff is right beside the driver's feet/legs. While the tranny may not be too big a worry, the other items could be. Is the stock tranny/clutch/'housing so stout no mods in those areas were thought to be needed? 'Anybody know?

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Nelson has been building motors for some of the hottest rods for a while now, the octane on demand has been around for some time. this would make for a sick ford gt set up!!!! I only wish I had the extra 100K