Shelby American Collection Museum Annual Fundraising Raffle: 2020 GT500

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I've been a frequent visitor and supporter of the Shelby American Collection museum in Boulder, CO for many years now. I attended their annual fundraiser party for many years. Unfortunately this year I wasn't going to be able to make it due to a conflict with the Roger Waters concert but that's irrelevant since both were cancelled. In any case a number of years ago they started raffling off a Shelby GT500, then the GT350 and now they are back to the GT500. In the early raffles you had a real chance since they didn't advertise too widely and barely sold enough tickets to cover the threshold (which I think was about 2x the price of the car, which they got at or below real cost because the dealer was also a big supporter of the museum). Eventually they ran afowl of the state gambling commission and had to restructure it, for example, rules required them to "give away" tickets (sure enough, send a self-addressed stamped envelope with a postcard with required info and they send you a free ticket, some people literally do this once per day). In any case, now there are hundreds of thousands of tickets so your competition is pretty high. No matter what it does go to a good cause.

Most of Larry H Miller's collection is now on display here, including all of his Le Mans winning GT40s (along with Steve Volk's cars). Last time I was there there were 7 GT40s there. It is also the permanent home of Carroll Shelby's first Cobra, CSX2000.

If you're ever in the Denver area, the museum is between Boulder and Longmont and is worth a visit. Only open 10-4 Saturdays though so plan ahead!

Here's a link:

https://shelbyamericancollection.ta...tm_term=GT500&utm_content=links&promo=MYGT500

Reactions: canibl

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
If you're in the Denver area don't forget the Shelby American Collection annual fundraiser and raffle this coming Saturday.

www.shelbyamericancollection.org

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Will be there for the dinner

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
It's a buffet style that goes from start to finish. Usually an ice cream truck and Oskar Blues beers. All "open" - included in ticket price.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Once again, I did not win.

Reactions: texas mongrel