Shelby #18 finally going home

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
Well it has been a long project and here is the finished product. We wanted to share these pics for now. Better pictures are on the way. There are still a few little touches needed but it is really close. Of course we can't take credit for all of the pieces and parts on this car but we did enjoy making it a better and more of a complete showpiece.

Rich

Last edited:

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
SHELBY??? :confused

When did they come out with a Shelby GT?

Car looks awesome, but what material are those seats covered in? :confused

thegtguy

Apr 20, 2006
MI
Pics

A few more pics.

PS stay tuned for the next project due in about a month.

Rich

Last edited:

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I have been searching high and low for that lower aero kit. Can you guys or anyone else tell me where I can get it??? :willy

thegtguy

Apr 20, 2006
MI
Shelby

SHELBY??? :confused

When did they come out with a Shelby GT?

Car looks awesome, but what material are those seats covered in? :confused

Shelby #18 is the owners user name. Sorry my bad. The seats are covered in denim.

Rich

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I thought that was it. Awesome car.....

Now, where can I get that aero kit :willy

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Rich, Dennis and supporting cast...that car is absolutely awesome, and I can't wait to see it in person in Las Vegas. Congratulations Rick :cheers

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
I would really like to thank Rich & Dennis who put in a lot of time and sweat equity in putting this car back together. Also for putting up with all my personal touches.:thumbsup If it wasn't for them I doubt that this car would ever have been completed. They are a real asset to the GT and GTX1 community. There is not enough good that can be said about them.

Also thank you to Kip for the really awesome Blue Carbon Fiber to complement the denim interior. Steve Hemstock at Knights Autoworks for the interior. And many of the supporting vendors, and members parts for other area's of the car.

Kirby thank you for all your support and friendship. :cheers

The FORUM, and FORUM MEMBERS also gets a big THANK YOU! Without you I would have not had a place to get ideas, and hook up with some of the greatest, most helpful people I've had the pleasure to become acquainted with.

So the plans for the car... Well if everything works out it will be a repeat of the Super Snake I acquired. Two days after receipt it will hit the track at California Speedway for fathers day. My 2 boys will be there with me. And after the year and a half I've waited to get an X1 I will finally have the chance to stretch her legs, and feel what one has to offer.

All the best....
Rick

Last edited:

anya

NGT,GT/GTX1 Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
Rick congrats to you and Rich (135 mi on mine)

Jim

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Congrats!! :)
Been waiting for this post!!
Great news!
God Bless America,
Bony from St Petersburg

Aug 25, 2006
I am truly VERY happy for you

It is obvious from the conversations that we have had and the pictures as presented that Rich and Denis aka "The GT Guys" took your vision and created your "DREAM".

Chats soon

Shadowman

Last edited:

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
The car is incredible, lord have mercy.:eek:eek:bow:bow

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
The car is incredible, lord have mercy.:eek:eek:bow:bow

Alex, I didn't see your name on the Rally III sign up. It would be fantastic to have the Candy Red car there also. I hope you can make it. :wink

cmoody32

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 8, 2006
Rick:

The car looks great. I cant wait to see it in person at Rally III.

BTW. Thanks again for putting me in touch with Harry. I got my GTX-1 Rims last week and put them on on Sunday. They look great. I will take some pictures and post soon.

I owe you a few drinks.:cheers

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Words can not do justice to how awesome your car looks!!! Congrats to all involved in bringing your vision to life. Truly a one of a kind. :cheers

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Update.... Car leaving today! The Whipple Gen 1 set up just pulled a 670 rwhp on the dyno that DBK used. So Dave, you win the hp race for now. :cheers

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Congratulations Rick. It's been a long, long roller coaster ride, but when that beauty arrives, it won't seem like so long and the finished result will have been well worth the wait. :cheers
:thumbsup:banana:willy:banana:thumbsup

86blackwidow

Mar 10, 2008
Ventura,ca
Very unique car looks cool.