Shadowman Sharing a few of the gal's that have come to visit Area-51

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Jealousy is a hard thing to keep under wraps.....:frown
Shadowman your knowledge and attention to detail, and willingness to share it with ANYONE who asks and help ANYONE who asks is a key reason this Forum is incredible, and why our Ford GTs continue to blow us away straight from the factory and are further enhanced with personalized touches to cosmetics and performance.
I tip my hat to you and your team, and my fellow GT owners who have employed your services. :thumbsup

UFO74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 17, 2008
Ft. Myers, FL
"Now there was a comment made to me earlier in the evening in which I was called arrogant and he shared that by some on this Forum I am considered “over the top”; in fact he shared increasingly so because I present projects, how to complete a task, and my comments on others projects as if it is my way or not at all and I have thought long and hard about that which he shared."

Shadowman:

I can understand how you feelings were hurt after hearing such comments, particularly when you have gone beyond all reasonable bounds to assist so many of us in any way possible with your valuable judgments and recommendations. One mans comments, no matter how ill advised, and no matter how they may hurt, do not by any means constitute a REPUTATION. Every person I have spoken with either in person or otherwise who has ever talked to you or met you holds you in the highest regard. My friend, your REPUTATION on this forum is OUTSTANDING. On behalf of all of us, please do not change anything you have been doing. As stated by others, we all appreciate your efforts in our behalf.

Regarding being “anal” or “over the top” in my estimation, are wonderful attributes as far as professionals are concerned. Before, I purchased your car I owned a perfectly good Ford GT with 143miles, which I was about to begin modifying. I read every write up on your website as to what you had done to your GT and to other GTs you worked on. What impressed me was your attention to detail and preparation before surgery. Some may say “anal” or “over the top”. Let them. That is the way, I want it done on my cars. When your car came up for sale, it had many more modifications than I would have made, but because of those very traits you are accused of being guilty of, are the reasons I desired your car and traded mine in, sight unseen. In fact, I was willing and did pay a substantial premium because I knew every bit of work on the car was done under your supervision. I have never been disappointed.

During the course of my ownership, I am the only one who has worked on her. To make her mine it has been necessary to take things apart that you did and reassemble them after the modifications I made. I am continually impressed with what I have observed. Bottom line: The quality of your work product may be equaled by other but it will be not surpassed.

If I was to ever purchase another GT, I would seek one on which you did all the work.

UFO

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
UFO, I'm not sure the ShadowMan needs the words "reputation" and "anal" in the same comment. Ha, ha, ha.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
:lolIt's a shame you have so little experience with these gals

Perhaps a few classes at WyoTech might help.

My post has bothered me in light of what I read. I am not compelled to delete it as it may serve to further cloud the issue. I just want to set the record straight with an example:

• If Laura, Kate and Sarah go out for lunch, they will call each other Laura, Kate and Sarah.
• If Mike, Dave and John go out, they will affectionately refer to each other as Fat Boy, Dickhead and $hit for Brains.

Now I may not have shown the creativity Dr. Frank has displayed (especially with Stormcat), but the intent was the same.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Excellent analogy King. Point well taken. Hey, my birthday is this week, aren't you due to be in town?

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I am posting this reply shortly after Shadowman assisted me via the phone (yet again and at no charge) to resolve an issue with my GT. I am very thankful for all his help through the years and the help of many others on the forum. The mechanical talent on this forum is impressive and comforting. Having all this shared expertise available in one place has (for me) eliminated the anxiety of owning a car like this. I'm no longer concerned about the inevitable mechanical and electrical issues that will crop up with our cars as the fleet ages. We have all these talented people on the forum working to resolve problems as they arise. While I too would be upset if I had, for example, a gauge failure, I would be confident that the forum brain trust will ultimately diagnose and fix any failure, including the gauge bugaboo. Simply put, this place and people like Shawdowman have enhanced the ownership experience many times over. Thanks again Dave for this great forum.

Last edited:

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Hey, my birthday is this week, aren't you due to be in town?

I am on a plane to your neck 'o' the woods this afternoon for a couple days at Scott AFB. I owe you a cocktail my friend. I will try to break away.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I won't be home until Thursday night. If you're still there, let me know. If you're wining and dining, try Pappy's barbecue on Olive just East of Grand in St. Louis. Picnic tables inside, but best BBQ in St. Louis.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
I won't be home until Thursday night. If you're still there, let me know. If you're wining and dining, try Pappy's barbecue on Olive just East of Grand in St. Louis. Picnic tables inside, but best BBQ in St. Louis.

Pappy's?????? I'm there. I love BBQ.

We're gonna catch a couple games downtown, but I'll try to catch up with you later in the week.

H

HHGT

My post has bothered me in light of what I read. I am not compelled to delete it as it may serve to further cloud the issue. I just want to set the record straight with an example:

• If Laura, Kate and Sarah go out for lunch, they will call each other Laura, Kate and Sarah.
• If Mike, Dave and John go out, they will affectionately refer to each other as Fat Boy, Dickhead and $hit for Brains.

Now I may not have shown the creativity Dr. Frank has displayed (especially with Stormcat), but the intent was the same.

All around confusion regarding this thread.... However, I can personally attest to the fact that Kingman is a Fat Boy, Dickhead and has $hit for Brains and believe me no one else resembles those remarks better... Just messin with you Herb.. Are you in town this week?

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
All around confusion regarding this thread.... However, I can personally attest to the fact that Kingman is a Fat Boy, Dickhead and has $hit for Brains and believe me no one else resembles those remarks better... Just messin with you Herb.. Are you in town this week?

Just messin' with him all right....I don't think Herb is a Fat Boy. :rofl

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA

Jeesuz Sam! Ya gotta pay attention. Homey's on his way to Scott currently. I plan on checking with those folks about our little enterprise while I'm there.

H

HHGT

Jeesuz Sam! Ya gotta pay attention. Homey's on his way to Scott currently. I plan on checking with those folks about our little enterprise while I'm there.

You're pregnant? :eek:eek

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Just messin' with him all right....I don't think Herb is a Fat Boy. :rofl

Thanks Kendall. I prefer to look at it that I'm twice the man I used to be. :ack

Aug 25, 2006
Thank you all for the wonderful comments and support; I enjoy my time within the Forum and do my best to share and assist whenever I am asked and as I am able to.

Now I was not upset but rather sharing that which I was told willing to listen to a valid reason why it was presented to me; the interesting thing for me is that the person that shared it with me made a non related post within the thread never referencing the situation as such I have to assume that it was shared during an interesting moment in time.

So with that having been shared here is a link to another gal presently being massaged with one of the personal touch items being shared is the integration of Shadowman's Custom Traction Control system. I am asked about this on a regular basis so hopefully many will find it interesting and enjoyable. This project already has 2 Phases so you will need to click and view one section at a time and there will be additional phases as the project continues.

Takes care and thank you again for the kind words and support.

Shadowman

http://www.discovery-automotive.com/portal/module.php?id=projects_INVSBUL

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
Im thinking more and more about that traction control system all the time. My Gal may have to visit the Shadowman this winter.

OCPETE

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2006
Killer Dana, CA
Already known....cool shiat Bill.. wish you were closer

Aug 25, 2006
Already known....cool shiat Bill.. wish you were closer

Thank you OCPETE

Now as for being closer; the distance has caused us no issues as you have included me in many of your projects and I have enjoyed every moment. Furthermore you have taken on and completed every task as if we were working physically together with stellar results every time.

Takes care

Shadowman

OCPETE

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2006
Killer Dana, CA
Thank you OCPETE

Now as for being closer; the distance has caused us no issues as you have included me in many of your projects and I have enjoyed every moment. Furthermore you have taken on and completed every task as if we were working physically together with stellar results every time.

Takes care

Shadowman

Well now Mr. Bill...I might just have to trailer the biatch your way one day for that whipple 4.0 dream :thumbsup

Aug 25, 2006
Well now Mr. Bill...I might just have to trailer the biatch your way one day for that whipple 4.0 dream :thumbsup

What a wonderful consideration however based on that which we have tackled togther with great distance between us I remain confident that this too could be accomplished by you and in doing so another level of personal satisfaction will be felt.

Now havoing said this; you and your gal are always welcome.

Takes care

Shadowman