Shadowman and Jay aka The GT Saver

Aug 25, 2006
Now for many Jay aka The GT Saver is quickly recognized and then likely soon followed with; where the heck has he been?

Jay aka The GT Saver is doing fine now after having gone through a series of life altering experiences over the past 2 years during which not only have we remained in constant contact as friends but have also been working on projects together.

There are several items that Jay aka The GT Saver became known for with two of them being the modified shifter ball. At the onset he machined them to receive an internal adjustable key that lowers them by approximately an inch and in doing so also eliminates the external OEM jam nut.

Well for the longest time we had new OEM shifter balls available and then the supplier for Ford seemed to drop the proverbial ball and what we began to receive was one cosmetic damaged shifter ball after another so after much consideration the decision was made to create new from scratch that would appear as if OEM with the benefits of the modified shifter balls designed/fabricated into them from the onset.

The OEM shifter balls are aluminum as such a moderate run of them are completed at this time however we also stepped out of the box and created a limited number of Titanium shifter balls. Now they are far more than simply created from Titanium; they were machined, engraved, and the a special anodizing process and material was used so as to control/reduce the surface temperature as typically associated with any metal object that is subjected to the heat of the day. Jay aka the GT Saver in his analytical doctor like manner shared the technical jargon with me however in the end what I heard was “Shadowman set one in the sun and then come back an hour later and grab it and you will be amazed as the surface temperature of the shifter ball will be warm however not hot”. As such I tried it and I was as he said; amazed. BTW this same coating and process is being used on the batch of aluminum shifter balls as well.

Now FYI Jay aka The GT Saver’s access to exotic coating such as used on these shifter balls stems from the relationship that he and the firm he represents has with their many Military and Aerospace contracts.

In any case; they look awesome, feel great and IMO those of you with the Ford Racing short shifter will likely enjoy the fact that Titanium when compared to the aluminum is a bit heavier as such will make the shifting feel even nicer.

We have only a hand full of the Titanium shifter balls as these were created as a bit of a boutique item so if interested let me know.

Now another very cool item that Jay aka the GT Saver created was the replaceable urethane bulkhead seal. The bulkhead in OEM trim is sealed with a “very” messy black goo and if you have ever had the opportunity remove this panel you will know to that which I speak and truly appreciate the reusable urethane seal. For a long time they were in the proverbial pipeline and then there was trouble acquiring the proper urethane mix yadayada. In any case two new molds have been created; the batching of the urethane has been tended to as such Jay’s aka the GT Saver’s bulkhead seals are now in the proverbial pipeline again too.

Here are a few pictures of both items

Takes care

Shadowman

Attachments

• DSC01412.JPG
    DSC01412.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 311
  • DSC01409.JPG
    DSC01409.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 311
  • DSC01411.JPG
    DSC01411.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 311
  • DSC00021.JPG
    DSC00021.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 306
  • DSC00018.JPG
    DSC00018.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 308

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
I need one of those gaskets and welcome back, What a great day, the Saint's won and now this.:banana:cheers:biggrin

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Bill -

For accurate recording purposes, is that your thumb (& hand), or Jay's in pictures 1, 3 & 4? :lol

Seriously - Is Jay's web page open again for ordering?

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2006
Bill -

For accurate recording purposes, is that your thumb (& hand), or Jay's in pictures 1, 3 & 4? :lol

Seriously - Is Jay's web page open again for ordering?

That is all me; LOL

Now as for ordering; eveything is being tended to by me.

All the best

Shadowman

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Obviously you guys don't remember meeting Jay in CA. He has robotic arms to go with his analytic mind. Please give my good buddy my best regards. Frank

Aug 25, 2006
Obviously you guys don't remember meeting Jay in CA. He has robotic arms to go with his analytic mind. Please give my good buddy my best regards. Frank

I will do so Frank; we chatted earlier today and will do so again before the end of the week.

Takes care

Shadowman

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Please extend a warm greeting to Jay from me.

Still love my/his shifter ball. :thumbsup

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
Shadowman -

You guys are so creative! Glad to hear Jay is doing better. Please tell him I said "Hello!"

Jeff

mymach5

GT Owner
Nov 18, 2007
Melbourne, Florida
What about the jack pucks?

Last edited:

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Thanks Shadowman for the update on Jay and the products. So glad he has weathered the storms of the past few years..I miss seeing him at Cars & Coffee in Irvine. I love his shifter ball and trans vent extension and jack pads.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Shadowman - please also pass on my regards. Last I saw of him was RII and then he said the only reason to come out was to meet all of the friends he developed from the forum - even Dr. Pickul. He also was working on a new exhaust with his car as proto which matched the original GT40 make up.................would look sweet on a buttless FGT!
:cheers

Aug 25, 2006
Shadowman - please also pass on my regards. Last I saw of him was RII and then he said the only reason to come out was to meet all of the friends he developed from the forum - even Dr. Pickul. He also was working on a new exhaust with his car as proto which matched the original GT40 make up.................would look sweet on a buttless FGT!
:cheers

Consider it done

He will be happy that folks such as you say hello

All the best

Shadowman