Seinfeld NSX

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Funny commercial. Sold out Porsche! Acura must have paid BIG money for this.

[video=youtube;WUFSHzT2xuY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WUFSHzT2xuY[/video]

Fracman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Houston, TX

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
That's pretty damn funny. The car does not look so hot IMO.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Fabulous commercial. Cool stuff. Thanks for posting.

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Hilarious!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Call me a dullard, but, I've never really understood the 'gotta-have-the-first-one' mentality...not to mention the 'gotta-have-the-first-one-at-any-cost' obsession (ditto the 'I'll-only-buy-brand-"X"' mindset for that matter). :shrug

I have been the "first one" in my home town to own this or that car on four different occasions, but, in all four cases it happened purely by random circumstance, not by desire or design.

Aaaah well, everybody knows I'm 'a little bit off' anyway...:biggrin

All that aside - 'darn funny commercial!

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Great commercial, Jerry finally got smart!!!!
But Jay is "smarter"!!!

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
It's kinda funny that they only show the car for like 5 seconds, and then the rest is just there to create enthusiasm and water cooler talk the next day. Just like Seinfeld episodes did. All of which makes this a really great commercial!!!

H

HHGT

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
That is an excellent commercial that only car nuts will really appreciate (who else knows that Seinfeld and Leno are car geeks of the higest order?). Nicely done.

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Funniest character is the soup nazi and he dosn't say much, one of the better episode besides the astronaut pen and Jack Clumpas, thanks for posting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yYTBUebO8M

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
Love the car, love the commercial. I could see driving an NSX, I still love the old one. New one looks like a 458 but more futuristic, IMO.

KurtGT

GT Owner
Apr 16, 2010
Woodbury NY
Yo GT Guys...
lets not forget that Seinfeld, or in this case, Newman, goes way back with the NSX
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRTBVPgHM3Y
Kurt GT

otis

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 13, 2011
Stillwater, MN
Great find. I forgot that NSX scene...my favorite stupor bowl commercial too.

Otis

GTViperman

GT Owner
Jun 18, 2009
Northern California
The NSX ad was pretty good. I always liked the NSX, I had a 2001 that I put 20k miles on. The car had the best build quality of just about any car I have owned. The paint quality was as good as I have ever seen on any car. The only problem with the NSX was the power, especially 1st gear from a dead start. I hope Acura puts an engine in the car that will have at least 550 HP. If they do I am sure it will be a winner!