Seat mod?

RaceDeck

*Supporting Vendor & GT Owner*
Supporting Vendor
Aug 11, 2005
SLC Utah
Looking at the new FGT and its a very tight fit, anyone mod their seat? I hear Rich at FGT guys has done a few? On my 05' we modded the base on drivers for proper cockpit fitment

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I did - pulled stock seat.
Had custom foam insert made, like race car drivers do, and laid it directly in tub. Had it wrapped with black leather/alcantara.
Doing so added a few inches of head and leg room.
Had to relocated the seat belt attachments from seat, to existing holes in tub. Someone fabricated some metal pieces for me.

Reactions: Nafod and Ed Sims

RaceDeck

Supporting Vendor
Aug 11, 2005
SLC Utah
Had custom foam insert made, like race car drivers do, and laid it directly in tub. Had it wrapped with black leather/alcantara.
Had to relocated the seat belt attachments from seat, to existing holes in tub. Someone fabricated some metal pieces for me.
How tall are you? I am 6'3" ... Do you have pic of how it looks? I have also have a new SuperFormance GT40 MK2 that should arrive next month and when I fit in that cockpit with the modded seat on both the base & back and a Gurney bubble :)

RaceDeck

Supporting Vendor
Aug 11, 2005
SLC Utah
would you have any photos? do you think you can modify the lower seat portion with less foam? I did this on my 05' gt and worked great. How did you relocate the seatbelt attachments?