Season Opening GT1 Race in Abu Dhabi

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
As most of you know, Matech are out of the GT1 program.

But that's not the end of Ford GT's in GT1 racing! First GT1 race of the season is in Abu Dhabi 25-26 March and the Marc VDS team will be there with 4 cars (so I'm told, their 2 plus the 2 2010 Matech cars) - 4 Ford GT's, that is.

I'm waiting on final confirmation with a local client, but looks like I'll be there for the full race weekend. Sounds like Steve Nesta will be there too. Anyone else want to try and meet for the first race of the 2011 GT1 season?

Last edited:
H

HHGT

I'm planning on being there for other business. Thanks for posting, I will schedule to attend.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
I saw earlier threads on Matech "getting out of GT1 & being up for sale'. But yet they are still sponsors on this forum? and we can still buy Matech gear?
I don't follow F-1 or LeMans or GT1 etc very closely, but after attending LeMans last year and VIR and getting to know Martin and Steven and Thomas etal.....I am curious...WHAT REALLY DID HAPPEN TO MATECH ? did they get bought? is Thomas still driving? Is Martin now only concentrating on OrganicVegetables ?
Any details or place to go to obtain details?
AJB )andy)