Search Issue

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
For the longest time I couldn't figure out why the search wasn't working for some people. Well, I finally figured it out and it was related to the template you use to view the website. If you were using the Mark IV red template it was causing an error. I'm always on the heritage one so I could never replicate the error.

It appears solved, but if it persists let me know.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Dave -

That also seems to have solved the problems seeing the Quick Links and the ability to get to the Registry. Thanks.

Ralphie

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Thank God! I feel like a dummy for not realizing it could have been relating to the templates. But I mean come on, who wants to view the website in red :wink :biggrin

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
Or drive one for that matter....

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
But I mean come on, who wants to view the website in red :wink :biggrin

The downloads were to slow in RED :rofl

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
sheeessh,,, I thought it just needed some WD40 from lack of use :)

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Ha, Ha, real funny RED jokes!

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
+1

Heritage +1

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
DBK, I am stunned at how fast the site works now for me since you fixed the template problem. It no longer takes me two strokes to logoff as well. I never realized there were issues. I can see all the banners now with movement. Thanks Frank

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
It's because I added a secret layer of white underneath the red, which makes up for red's slowness.

No, in all honesty, I had no idea they existed either because I haven't messed with that template since it was created, and had no idea further updates to the overall site were causing conflicts. Sorry about that.

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
The red cars are fast, it was just the red site that was slow. One might wonder if it was an envious non red owner who programmed the glitch.:rofl

Anyway, thanks for fixing it.:thumbsup

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
No, in all honesty, I had no idea they existed either because I haven't messed with that template since it was created, and had no idea further updates to the overall site were causing conflicts. Sorry about that.

Dave - I guess you never caught my posts regarding the "Mark IV Red" template:

Here's another one - When selecting a person's name on a thread, to get the menu items:

View Public Profile
Send a private message to "Username"
Send email to "Username"
Find More Posts by "Username"

They do not appear when "Mark IV Red" is chosen with the "Quick Style Chooser."

Ralphie

PS - are the Mark IV Red issues intentionally created to harass Dr. Frank?

Here's one - When selecting "Mark IV Red" in the "Quick Style Chooser" at the bottom of the main page, it somehow disables the Sponsors Link Ads at the top of the page, above the menu selections. All other color choices seem to work OK.

Ralphie

PS - I don't mind, as it allows the pages to load faster, but then again, I like to use those links to contact the vendors when necessary.

I used to get the message:

"Sorry, we couldn't find http://registry.fordgtforum.com/"

Found a Bug! When selecting "Mark IV Red" in the "Quick Style Chooser" at the bottom of the page, it somehow disables the ability to get to the Registry. All other choices seem to work OK.

Ralphie

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Rub it in Ralph. Rub it in.