San Antonio monthly get together

sportscars

Oct 22, 2009
Alamo city
We are having our first monthly meeting this Saturday at 4pm. We are meeting at Houlihans near the forum (I35 & 1604). Open to all GT500, Shelby and GT owners. Heck, we might even let you GTX1 owners hang around with us. :lol

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Heck, we might even let you GTX1 owners hang around with us. :lol

For me, I'll wait 'til we meet at the Bash it's a tad bit closer. :wink

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
How many cars is in the group? I know there is a yellow/black gt in SA. Any other GTs coming?

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
How many cars is in the group? I know there is a yellow/black gt in SA. Any other GTs coming?

I know the yellow black gt in SA. I believe it is tt'd.

sportscars

Oct 22, 2009
Alamo city
San Antonio GT's

Lee Novikoff has a GT (Dont know what color) but I think he is bringing his GT500 Super Snake this time. I don't know of anybody else, but I would love to have a few GT's show up. I have about 10 Shelby's confirmed at this point.

Last edited:

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
OK. I can't pass up driving the car. I'll pm the other locals to see if they want to play.

got one

Dec 1, 2007
Shelby (new and old), Shelby Mustangs (new and old), GT's (new and old)...what about Shelby inspired cars...Vipers, Series 1?

sportscars

Oct 22, 2009
Alamo city
Shelby (new and old), Shelby Mustangs (new and old), GT's (new and old)...what about Shelby inspired cars...Vipers, Series 1?

Ab-so-lutely! The more the merrier! Might have a Series 1 and a Viper or two show up.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Is houlihans nearer to 281? That is the only one I see on their website.

sportscars

Oct 22, 2009
Alamo city
Is houlihans nearer to 281? That is the only one I see on their website.

It is right at I35 and 1604. It fronts I35 (on the access road). It is in the northwest corner of the interchange. Coming from Austin you exit at the Olympia Parkway exit I believe and stay on the access road. You will go thru the light and past Chuck E Cheese and you will see it right before the road starts to curve to the right.

It is fairly new, so it may not be on their website yet.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Thanks for putting this together. I hope this is a monthly event. I guess there are several places we could meet between Austin-SA. I think warmer weather could bring out more people. This gathering Saturday had more attendees than the SCAT event I went to last week, and that was a statewide meet.

Bikini's San Marcos or for the next one???

sportscars

Oct 22, 2009
Alamo city
Chris, thanks for coming out in less than perfect weather. I am thinking the next one will be in late Jan. I am flexible on the location. San Marcos may work.

I will let keep you updated.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Thanks for putting this together. I hope this is a monthly event. I guess there are several places we could meet between Austin-SA. I think warmer weather could bring out more people. This gathering Saturday had more attendees than the SCAT event I went to last week, and that was a statewide meet.

Soooooooo...where th' gallopin' clang are the PICS from THIS one???:willy

sportscars

Oct 22, 2009
Alamo city
here are the pics

photostream

photostream

sportscars

Oct 22, 2009
Alamo city

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Thank ya! :cheers :thumbsup

sportscars

Oct 22, 2009
Alamo city
Working on dates/times/location for the next one.

Open to requests and suggestions.

Spirit's Son

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2007
Bulverde, TX

Chris,
Nothing that involves both "Bikinis" and "San Marcos" is anywhere I plan on going! :slap

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Chris,
Nothing that involves both "Bikinis" and "San Marcos" is anywhere I plan on going! :slap

WUSS! Your dad raised you better!:wink

Let's hold it at your dads shop in SM. Oops....that sounds like s&m......
Or we could start at "Bikinis" and move the party(er I mean event) to his place. Does he have a couch that makes a bed in his office?

Last edited:

sportscars

Oct 22, 2009
Alamo city
Chris,

So, are you afraid of bikinis or san Marcos? Personally I would be more afraid of Chris.:lol