Sadly, it's time for my 2006 Tungsten to find a new home

Hammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 10, 2006
San Diego, CA
Hi all, I’ve been a member since 2006, but haven’t been posting much the last few years. Sad to say, but the time has come for me to part with my beloved 2006 Tungsten beast, #1166. Like Chip said at dinner at the Rally to the Rally in 2008: “These are rare and special cars. We should keep in mind that we are not really their owners, but rather we are their custodians. They will likely live on in collections long after we’re gone. So we should care for them as the historical pieces of automotive art that they are.” Or words to that effect. (Thanks for your stewardship of this forum, and for your understated eloquence, Chip, even if I misquoted you a little.)

I bought her new and took delivery of her in early June of 2006. (Reliable Transports brought her here to San Diego from a dealership in New Jersey with 3 miles on the odo.) She now has 10,400 miles on her. I’ve driven her regularly every few weeks. She rests comfortably in a de-humidified garage here in North San Diego County. I’ve followed the sales market pretty closely lately, and I’m asking $285,000 for her, which seems to be somewhere in the mid range for a good example like this, with a known history.

She is a one-story car. I took a curve on a country road a little quickly on a rise, and she spun off road into some bushes. There was a crack in the front splitter and a 4 inch wide dent in her left rear haunch which necessitated a new clamshell. I sent her back to the GT Guy (Rich and Denis) in Michigan to get fully repaired and back to better than new. Other than a couple of oil changes, all service has been done by Rich of the GT Guy, or by Kendall and Ryan of CoolTechLLC. In fact, she was just gone over thoroughly by Ryan and received a new change of fluids (oil, transaxle, and coolant), brand new tires all around (the recommended Bridgestones, which were manufactured less than a year ago), had an o-ring replaced in an air conditioning line, new gas struts for the clamshell, and new Optima red-top battery installed. She passed her most recent California smog test in June of this year, and I just had the two Takata air bags replaced at the San Diego Mossy Ford dealership. She looks beautiful, is crazy fast, and runs perfectly. She would be a proud addition to anyone’s stable.

The usual tasteful mods have been done, including:
Ford Racing Short Throw Shifter
Ford Racing (Borla) muffler
Heffner Pulley and Tune
Bridgestone tire upgrades
And a little bling: chromed “GT” caps on fluid canisters in engine bay

I have the original window sticker and documentation of purchase, the original car cover and bag, and the official Ford GT shop manual. I also have the original shifter and the original OEM muffler. I think I have the original pulley, but I’ll have to check.

Please see photos below, and let me know if you’re interested, or know somebody who might be.

Attachments

• DSC_3667.jpg
    DSC_3667.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 464
  • DSC_3677.jpg
    DSC_3677.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 472
  • DSC_3684.jpg
    DSC_3684.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 475
  • DSC_3703.jpg
    DSC_3703.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 472
Reactions: Ed Sims

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Sorry for your need to sell.

Looks like a great car, and someone will be very proud and happy to take over the stewardship.

Pretty eloquent story yourself.

Good luck with the sale.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Nice car. Fair price. I'll spread the word.

Ed

Hammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 10, 2006
San Diego, CA
Price reduced to $275 K. Car is as gorgeous as ever. Someone will be delighted to have her, though I'll be sorry to let her go.

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Beautiful car - good luck with sale

Hammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 10, 2006
San Diego, CA
Price is now $265 K. Somebody is going to love owning this car.

Hammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 10, 2006
San Diego, CA
The beautiful Tungsten Beast has been sold to a new home somewhere in Texas. I'll miss her.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Thanks for the update, congrats on the sale, and thanks for sharing the journey with us.

Reactions: Hammer

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Congrats!!!!! Man how many GT’s do we have here in TEXAS?

Time for a TEXAS rally!!!!!!

dharrell

GT Owner
Sep 30, 2019
Fredericksburg Tx
Congrats!!!!! Man how many GT’s do we have here in TEXAS?

Time for a TEXAS rally!!!!!!
sounds like a great idea!!! I'm in!!

Reactions: steved57