Road noise from drivers door...

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
I've never had any problem with road noise (nothing out of the ordinary at least) until the last time I got it back from the dealer. Now its getting a little annoying, so I look back while I'm driving (smart) and I notice that only when underway there is a gap between the door and the weather strip starting at the lower edge of the windo frame all the way down to the rocker.

Everything looks aligned from the outside, so I wonder why or how I have this gap. Anybody else?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Is this the answer to the other post?

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
fjpikul said:
Is this the answer to the other post?

WRONG!

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Yep and over time it has gotten louder like yours.......

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
MY GT had that noise and the Dealer fixed it.

BELIZE91

GT Owner
Sep 7, 2006
Hartland MI
Road Noise

On certain roads here in Michigan the rougher pavement makes driving a pain. Last sunday I ran my newphew home, it was about 50 miles each way on I-696. I swear my ears were ringing. Any of you have that problem? On smooth blacktop it's quiet.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
My old Z06 was the very same. Smoothe asphalt nice and quiet and most concrete drove me nutz. I think the Goodyears play a big part of it, both cars have them.
A friend also has a z06 and went with Continentals this time and they are significantly more quiet.

BELIZE91

GT Owner
Sep 7, 2006
Hartland MI
SteveA said:
My old Z06 was the very same. Smoothe asphalt nice and quiet and most concrete drove me nutz. I think the Goodyears play a big part of it, both cars have them.
A friend also has a z06 and went with Continentals this time and they are significantly more quiet.

I will keep that in mind, I hope they make the size, never had to concern myself with tire noise till now

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
This may not add much to the debate - so my apologies in advance.

I've just watched the new J Clarkson video where he's testing some US made cars in Death Valley (Willow Springs). I've only watched it once, but he mentions that the road noise from the ZO6 was horrid but from the GT it was fine - and yet the same rubber on both..... Chassis and suspension clearly make a big difference.

As to specific road noise from the GT? I had a rattle in the drivers door of mine and when the panel was removed I found a large rubber strip just loose in the cavity. I'm lead to believe this is a 'guide strip' for the electric window.

So the window's not as tight (until this is fixed) - maybe it's a bit noisier? I wouldn't be the best judge as I don't drive often enough.

I'm rambling and this probably makes no sense.

Sorry!

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
He is right, the road noise is worse for the Z06. I think it's due to the "trunk" space for the Z06 is open to the drivers area and the GT has the bulk head.

However they are both quite loud on some finnishes of concrete. The noise doesn't bother me as much as the extra weight would have if Ford dumped 250lbs of sound proofer in the car.

GFORCE

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2006
I have two gts

I got 05 and if sits two days it wont start do you think becuse
it sat so long the battey is bad,The 06 is fine,When i drive it it is chargeing
The 06 does not do that

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
The Corvettes have run-flats. Never had them ,so don't know if that makes a difference. I might suggest you check the cold tire pressures bottom of the B pillar). Mine were down a little and I thought it rode a little rougher and louder.