Road America

GT Venum

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 4, 2010
Wisconsin
Had a great day at Road America. Unfortunately we didn't have our GT.IMG_3198.jpgIMG_3200.jpgIMG_3202.jpg

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I, too, had a great day at Road America on Saturday, July 20, with the Robertsons. I parked the #2 car at their transporter and it got quite a bit of attention! Here're a couple of pics of Dave next to it!

View attachment 29895

View attachment 29896

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I spent the afternoon with Scott Ahlman, MNJason, and their friends - Great times! :thumbsup

Here are some pictures of Andrea and Dave racing in the afternoon - Andrea is in the red/silver and Dave is in the yellow/silver.

View attachment 29897

View attachment 29898

View attachment 29899

View attachment 29900

View attachment 29901

Last edited:

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Those flared fenders are wicked. It really makes an already aggressive body look even more sinister.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
that roll cage looks trick! got any pix of it with the doors open?

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
I guess these are the only kind of mirrors where you can actually see what's behind :) still prefer the stock ones for obvious reasons :)

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Ralphie, great to meet you!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Track Shots

Here are a couple of stitched panning shots of the track:

Left - approaching Turn 14 and up the main straight past the start/finish line. Right - Turn 5

Exit of Turn 6, following to Turns 7, 8 and 9. Turn 9 is the Carousel

Track map, for reference -

Aerial Photo (I didn't take this one) -

Last edited:

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
I will be running at Road America Oct. 12 and 13 with MVP Track time. Mark still has a couple of spots open if anyone is interested. Great track and MVP runs a top notch event. I will be there in the RV if you would need a place to stay.

This is the info if interested.

Out 4th annual "Cheese Heads On Track" weekend at Road America October 12-13 is again in high demand. Registration has been brisk to say the least. We are nearly 70% full for Road America so don't delay. Attached you will find the weekend registration for Road America. Of course you can register on line on MVP's web site at the link below.
http://www.MVPTrackTime.com/id47.html

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
Had a great day at Road America. Unfortunately we didn't have our GT.View attachment 29885View attachment 29886View attachment 29887

I saw your Raptor, Mike. Sorry we didn't cross paths there. Great event!

Scott

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
I spent the afternoon with Scott Ahlman, MNJason, and their friends - Great times! :thumbsup

Here are some pictures of Andrea and Dave racing in the afternoon - Andrea is in the red/silver and Dave is in the yellow/silver.

Ralphie, It was great to hang out with you on a "Cali" weather day at such a great track. And talk with the Robertsons again. Very cool to see their GT's on track...where they should be! Good fun.

Great to meet and hang out with MNJason and his friends for the weekend as well. Many good stories!

Scott

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
I will be running at Road America Oct. 12 and 13 with MVP Track time. Mark still has a couple of spots open if anyone is interested. Great track and MVP runs a top notch event. I will be there in the RV if you would need a place to stay.

This is the info if interested.

Out 4th annual "Cheese Heads On Track" weekend at Road America October 12-13 is again in high demand. Registration has been brisk to say the least. We are nearly 70% full for Road America so don't delay. Attached you will find the weekend registration for Road America. Of course you can register on line on MVP's web site at the link below.
http://www.MVPTrackTime.com/id47.html

Perfect track for the GT...I easily hit 160 mph in all 3 straights with a box stock and a very tired prototype (and yes, the Goodyear's). No late braking, no drama...I would hate to see how fast it would be with the Hoosiers, engine mods and pushing it. The elevation, corner variety, straights, scenery and great track food (best in the country IMHO) make it a high priority track for a FGT.

Have a great time Biginch Blake!

Scott