Rich Brooks' stripe delete black GT for sale on BaT

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Feel free to delete this if it's not my place to post it, or in case Rich wanted to do it himself, but for now since he hasn't: He's selling a black stripe delete on BaT right now, ends Dec 8

Last edited:

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
I believe a few Forum members (myself included) made comments on the listing. I'm sure it'll bring a good #

Reactions: Johntpr and extrap

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Maybe the only time one might wave the PPI if they recognized who owned it. Just look at the pictures of all the detailed mechanics and you know they were taken by someone who knows the car. Good luck with the sale Rich.

Reactions: steved57

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
I approve and was going to give it a day on BAT then post it on here, but you beat me to it.:):):) I appreciate the comments on here and on BAT. Thank you.
On the pics I worked with the photographer and wanted more shots than anyone else has done in certain areas to show how nice this car is.
I'm hoping to do more cars like this as well.

Feel free to delete this if it's not my place to post it, or in case Rich wanted to do it himself, but for now since he hasn't: He's selling a black stripe delete on BaT right now, ends Dec 8

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
The car looks great. What are your thoughts on using those front lift points instead of the more inboard locations that are typically recommended?

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
GLWS RIch

thegtguy

Apr 20, 2006
MI
Also, just in case there is any question. This is NOT my personal car; it is a customer car I am helping him list in on BAT.

As to the question on the lift points. This is how you pick them up with an a symmetrical hoist. The hoist arms are not long enough to reach the rear chassis pads and the inboard chassis pads, so we pick them as in the pics. We use hockey pucks in the front to space the lift away from the car so the side splitter and or the inner fender can be removed.

Now before we get into whose right/wrong and all that keyboard warrior BullSh*%, this is my opinion. And yes, everyone has one.
If someone is doing real work on a car, it is a done on this kind of hoist. Drive on hoists are for storage and alignments. Work can be done on drive ons but most of the time it is messy (depending on what you are doing) and Pain in the A%$. Many of you have been around me and know how I feel about working drive ons.:):):):) I do it, but it is not the preferred "working" hoist.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Tell us how you really feel.

Reactions: KJD

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Also, just in case there is any question. This is NOT my personal car; it is a customer car I am helping him list in on BAT.

As to the question on the lift points. This is how you pick them up with an a symmetrical hoist. The hoist arms are not long enough to reach the rear chassis pads and the inboard chassis pads, so we pick them as in the pics. We use hockey pucks in the front to space the lift away from the car so the side splitter and or the inner fender can be removed.

Now before we get into whose right/wrong and all that keyboard warrior BullSh*%, this is my opinion. And yes, everyone has one.
If someone is doing real work on a car, it is a done on this kind of hoist. Drive on hoists are for storage and alignments. Work can be done on drive ons but most of the time it is messy (depending on what you are doing) and Pain in the A%$. Many of you have been around me and know how I feel about working drive ons.:):):):) I do it, but it is not the preferred "working" hoist.
Rich: Thanks for the great explanation & pix detail On BAT! This really helps! Planning some service work and I was unsure how to set the 2 post lift arms on inground lift. Guess I should’ve paid a lil closer attention when you were here awhile back! I probably woulda forgot by now anyhow! Haha! Preciate ya, Sir!

Reactions: Johntpr

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Texas flattery

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
All makes sense and good to know.

thegtguy

Apr 20, 2006
MI
1 hour to go. Also, good history in comments that many know but some don't.

Reactions: extrap

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Looking forward to seeing Rich represent more FGTs downstream.

His reputation and knowledge of these cars as most here know is unparalleled.

I enjoyed his posts and additional focus on the car's mechanicals.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Rich is a class act!

Reactions: extrap

thegtguy

Apr 20, 2006
MI
Thanks to all and we will see what the future holds!!!!!