Regent Beverly Wilshire Valet Yesterday

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
I went to meet some HNW clients of mine from MX and as I was pulling up to the hotel with my Mustang (Saleen) I was thinking of giving the guy 20 bucks to keep it up front and telling him to take good care of it and how the spoiler was very low and all… Then as I pulled up I saw my sons Favorite car Pagani in front an Italia and a RR. So I decided to just let him do whatever he wants with it at that point. Of all the days I should have brought the GT!!!

Anyways the best part is the last attached pic as you see the plates. He flew it it from Riyadh!!! I wanted to meet the owner but he was nowhere to be found. This car is a work of art inside and out. It made the 458 look like a Pontiac Fiero. Probably one of the best cars made to date… I want to be an Arab in the next life ... :confused :)

BW 1.jpgBW2.jpgBW3.jpg

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Good day to show up if you ask me. Soooo nice.

Vince H

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Damn. Rare bird!

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
It made the 458 look like a Pontiac Fiero.

Wow.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Man, that car is really making the rounds in SoCal. I've read/seen about a dozen different sightings from Orange County up to L.A.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Cool!

Ed

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Just wondering, if the "owner" was out driving this car and a LEO pulled him over for whatever, how would he call in the license plate number to check on anything???

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I would love to see one in person.

I want to be an Arab in the next life ... :confused :)

I don't know about that. In a couple decades their oil biz won't look anything like it does today.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Just wondering, if the "owner" was out driving this car and a LEO pulled him over for whatever, how would he call in the license plate number to check on anything???

There has to be record of it with the DOT.

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/trade/basic_trade/importing_car.xml#CarsImportedforOtherPurposes

Nonresidents may import an automobile or motorcycle and its usual equipment free of duty for a temporary stay to take part in races or other specific purposes. However, prior written approval from the EPA is required and such approval is granted only to those racing vehicles that EPA deems not capable of safe or practical use on streets and highways. If the contests are for other than money purposes, the vehicle may be admitted for 90 days without formal entry or bond if the CBP officer is satisfied as to the importer’s identify and good faith. The vehicle becomes subject to forfeiture if it is not exported or if a bond is not given within 90 days of its importation. Prior written approval must be obtained from DOT. A vehicle may be temporarily imported for testing, demonstration, or racing purposes. A vehicle may be permanently imported for show or display. Written approval from DOT is required and should be obtained before the vehicle is exported from the foreign country to the U.S. Information on how to import a vehicle under show or display is available at DOT’s NHTSA Vehicle Importation Regulations website. ( Vehicle Importation Regulations ) A vehicle permanently imported for show and display must comply with all U.S. emission requirements as well, and in general must be imported through an EPA-authorized ICI for modification and testing. EPA will not allow the vehicle to be released to its owner until ICI work is complete.

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Well, that's just awesome!!! What a cool sight to pull up to and see. Lucky you. Thanks for sharing the pics!

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit

Diplomatic Immunity...... :cool

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
saw this car with lots of pictures on Jalopnic this morning and according to the photographer here's the owner info:

"As I was taking pictures, the owner, Yazeed al Rajhi, famous Saudi WRC racer and real estate investor came to take a bag out of the car. I felt like a paparazzo, even though my true purpose was to get some shots of the doors open, which was very neat."

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
I went to meet some HNW clients of mine from MX and as I was pulling up to the hotel with my Mustang (Saleen) I was thinking of giving the guy 20 bucks to keep it up front and telling him to take good care of it and how the spoiler was very low and all… Then as I pulled up I saw my sons Favorite car Pagani in front an Italia and a RR. So I decided to just let him do whatever he wants with it at that point. Of all the days I should have brought the GT!!!

Anyways the best part is the last attached pic as you see the plates. He flew it it from Riyadh!!! I wanted to meet the owner but he was nowhere to be found. This car is a work of art inside and out. It made the 458 look like a Pontiac Fiero. Probably one of the best cars made to date… I want to be an Arab in the next life ... :confused :)

Sorry but that Pagani is butt ugly to me...reminds me of the '57 Plymouth Fury, which is much better looking - see what I mean? I don't wanna be an Arab in my next life if I have to drive around in that thing...performer or not! LOL Or maybe it looks like the front end of the Batmobile...

1957-plymouth-002.jpg

attachment.php

Last edited:

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Totally agree with FBA.

Fantastic performance, yes.

Uber-expensive and very unique, yes.

Fugly, definitely yes.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I dont know how I could have missed the resemblance...

Sorry but that Pagani is butt ugly to me...reminds me of the '57 Plymouth Fury, which is much better looking - see what I mean? I don't wanna be an Arab in my next life if I have to drive around in that thing...performer or not! LOL Or maybe it looks like the front end of the Batmobile...

1957-plymouth-002.jpg

attachment.php

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

:lol

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta

Hahaha. :lol:rofl

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Actually, I much prefer this:

http://www.lamborghini.com/en/models/special-and-limited-editions/veneno/overview/

...even though its side graphics suck and it's only slightly less 'Buck Rogers'-looking overall than the Pagani.

(Edit: Except for its rear. Good lord, what were they thinkin'.)

Last edited:

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Ok soroush...is this a closer match? :)

barrisbatmobile.jpg

attachment.php

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007