Recommendations for Service in Northern New Jersey

Boomster

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 29, 2016
Hello All,
I took delivery of a blue '06 this week and am looking forward to driving it once all the snow here in the northeast is gone. I am in Kinnelon, does anyone have a recommendation for a reputable shop in the northern Morris county/western Passaic county area? Western Bergen county would be an option as well. I look forward to participating on the forum, and hope to meet up with other FGT owners in the area.

Bill

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Congrats!
Welcome to this great place.
Best,
Mark

Johntpr

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 18, 2017
Rockland County, NY
Tator's Garage in Westchester County, NY isn't that far.

20 Spring St S, South Salem, NY 10590
Phone: (914) 763-3136

Chuck works on Ford GT's and is pretty famous in the Dodge Viper circles.

Welcome to the forum.

Boomster

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 29, 2016
Thanks guys, I am excited to be a rookie here. I am a bit frustrated by the weather, but spring is just around the corner!

Bill

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Perhaps not convenient enough for Northern Jersey, but Tim Potts at McAfferty Ford in Langhorne, PA has a half dozen or more GTs that he routinely takes care of. Great guy, knows his stuff, and treats car like it's his own.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Tator's Garage in Westchester County, NY isn't that far.

20 Spring St S, South Salem, NY 10590
Phone: (914) 763-3136

Chuck works on Ford GT's and is pretty famous in the Dodge Viper circles.

Welcome to the forum.

Chuck is quite familiar with the GT and a good option. Another option is Tommy at P1 Motorsports in Stamford. I had him do some stuff recently, very pleased with his work. I have a number of friends that use him, with all kinds of "exotics". He was the lead service manager at Miller Motorcars for over 20 years

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Welcome aboard! I'm down the street in Bloomingdale.

Howard

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Chuck is quite familiar with the GT and a good option. Another option is Tommy at P1 Motorsports in Stamford. I had him do some stuff recently, very pleased with his work. I have a number of friends that use him, with all kinds of "exotics". He was the lead service manager at Miller Motorcars for over 20 years

Tator has worked on my Viper and Viper truck for years.
Could not get a better rec.
He always treats your car like "he" owns it!
My experience with P1 has been outstanding as well.
Best,
Mark

Boomster

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 29, 2016
Welcome aboard! I'm down the street in Bloomingdale.

Howard

Hello Howard, glad to have another FGT owner so close bye. Perhaps we can get together once the roads are clean and compare notes. I am still a total novice to this car, having only driven it from Kinnelon High School where the transporter dropped it Monday night (1 hour before the snow started!) to my house 2 miles away.
Bill

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Bill, I'll contact you when I return from Florida in May. Lots to discuss. Great choice of supercar and Forum. Don't get caught out by the torque and cold tires. Service in north Jersey is non-existent. IDA Automotive near Englishtown is really the closest option, though I have not had the opportunity to use them. I've taken advantage of the GT Guys when they have been hosted locally. Change your own oil and don't hit anything.

Howard

spineracer

GT Owner
Jan 5, 2014
Metro NY
I am on L.I. and I have heard about Bob Ida and the good work he does. Good Luck with your new ride. We have several GT people out here. Ride out to Jones Beach early on Sunday Mornings.
http://www.idaautomotive.com/
Chuck Tator is also an excellent Choice.

Peter

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I second Bob Ida at IDA Automotive!
google them you will be impressed!

FrankBarba

Permanent Vacation
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 16, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
GT Guys....

Boomster

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 29, 2016
Howard, if you are back from Florida I would enjoy meeting up for some coffee and a chance to compare notes. I am in Kinnelon, and am free pretty much any time.

Bill, I'll contact you when I return from Florida in May. Lots to discuss. Great choice of supercar and Forum. Don't get caught out by the torque and cold tires. Service in north Jersey is non-existent. IDA Automotive near Englishtown is really the closest option, though I have not had the opportunity to use them. I've taken advantage of the GT Guys when they have been hosted locally. Change your own oil and don't hit anything.

Howard

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Funny, I just walked in the door from a Dr's appointment in Kinnelon. I'll be at the Greenwich Concours all weekend (you should be, too). Let's plan on next week. Cruise-In in Wykoff Wednesday late afternoon, weather permitting.

Howrad

spyder625

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 23, 2008
Bill- how about posting some pictures of your baby..

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Funny, I just walked in the door from a Dr's appointment in Kinnelon. I'll be at the Greenwich Concours all weekend (you should be, too). Let's plan on next week. Cruise-In in Wykoff Wednesday late afternoon, weather permitting.

Howrad
Howrad (I guess you're very "Rad", nowadays!) I'll be there this coming weekend, no cars in it, just me!!! I'll look for you.............bring your tennis racket!!!!

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Where is "spellcheck" when you need it?

Howard

Boomster

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 29, 2016
Sounds good, Howard. Let me know the particulars of the Wyckoff meet-up, I will plan to attend. I dropped the GT down at New Vernon Coach and Motor this morning for a complete fluid change to set a baseline for future maintenance. Also having them try to find a rattle that seems to be coming from the right front of the car.
Hope to see you next week.
Bill

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Hmm. Vernon Coach? Have they worked on any Ford GT's or are they developing their skills on yours?

The weekly cruise-in at Wykoff is at the Christian Reformed Church on Cedar Hill Ave, off of Route 208. Weather permitting I plan to be there late Wednesday afternoon. You can arrive any time after 4:00. The place clears out around 7:00.

Howard