Recommendation for Two Post Car Lift for the 2017+ Ford GT

LMT84

GT Owner
Dec 25, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Checking to see if anyone on the forum has purchased a two post lift for their 2017+ Ford GT to perform general maintenance (I already have a 4 post lift that works well for most/many jobs). The recommendation that I received from Ford was for the Challenger 10,000 lb CLOV3 Versymmetric Lift; however, it still requires wheel lift dollies to get the car up high enough to position the arms properly. I am looking for a lower profile solution that would allow me to nix the wheel dollies if at all possible. One option I have run across is the BendPak 10,000 lb XPR-10AS-LP (with LP designating their Lo Profile arms) that claims to be a better solution for low clearance sports cars/track cars. Any advice/guidance would be appreciated.

italianjoe

Apr 9, 2018
Dearborn Heights Mi.
Hello Lmt84,
over the past 5 years I have worked on a few New Ford Gt's and have lifted them on all kinds of twin post hoist. They all work ok but like you said you will need wheel dollies. If I could make a suggestion......do yourself a favor and get a twin sissor lift. You will not need wheel dollies and can open and shut the doors without worrying about hitting the post and cause damage to the paint. The hoist I have used for the last 5 years has been this one and I absolutely love it.

Joe

LMT84

GT Owner
Dec 25, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Great suggestion … do you just place lifting pucks at the lifting points on the FGT to take the load? I would still like to find a good two post solution as well. Thank you for the feedback. Lee

italianjoe

Apr 9, 2018
Dearborn Heights Mi.
Great suggestion … do you just place lifting pucks at the lifting points on the FGT to take the load? I would still like to find a good two post solution as well. Thank you for the feedback. Lee
I use the pucks along with the square rubber blocks that come with the hoist.

Joe