Rally V Test Day Prep

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
In light of all the changes I have made to the FGT (new Penske shocks, Hoosiers, Pulley and Tune) and a new car (2010 Lotus Exige S 240) we decided to test out the cars so we could better dial them in before the rally. We had the good fortune of having two test days at Nelson Ledges Road Course in Ohio last Friday and Saturday. We were able to make several adjustments and got to test the Viper ACR on Saturday to make some additional suspension changes. It was a a great time to shake out the bugs. The best part of the track day came lunch time when my friend Patrick Hawkins rolled out "Vakerie" an 1980's vintage Lincoln Town Car stretch limo complete with steer horns. Nothing is more fun that drifting a limo full of people all out on a road course. I suggest we install this activity as a regular event at future FGT rallies. After all, the Lincoln and FGT both were assembled in Wixom. Enjoy the photos.

Attachments

• FGT with Corvette.jpg
    FGT with Corvette.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 200
  • Lotus Straight.jpg
    Lotus Straight.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 203
  • Valkerie.jpg
    Valkerie.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 199
  • Front Straight.jpg
    Front Straight.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 195

FordGT4fun

hi tim , thanks for sharing your " test day" , its funny driving on a track with a limo, it looks like the limo with the horn in the front is prepared for stock car racing ( I' m joking but don' tell this to the owner :lol )
I hope your cars are all checked and ready for the Rally.
regards
Pierre

Mase

GT Owner
Dec 23, 2006
Jacksonville, Florida
Tim,

Long time no talk! How do you like your Exige S? Are you bringing it to VIR? If theres enough room in the trailer I might drag an 07 exige s up to VIR, but i think it wont fit with the GT being quite a bit longer.

Cornerweighting and aligning these cars makes a night and day difference!

Safe travels to NC/VA

Mase

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Tim,

Long time no talk! How do you like your Exige S? Are you bringing it to VIR? If theres enough room in the trailer I might drag an 07 exige s up to VIR, but i think it wont fit with the GT being quite a bit longer.

Cornerweighting and aligning these cars makes a night and day difference!

Safe travels to NC/VA

Mase

No kidding on the alignment. I traded my '07 Exige S in on this 2010 and it came from the factory with horrible specs. I just finalized alignment settings today and tested again, and it seems to be all ready for VIR.

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
hi tim , thanks for sharing your " test day" , its funny driving on a track with a limo, it looks like the limo with the horn in the front is prepared for stock car racing ( I' m joking but don' tell this to the owner :lol )
I hope your cars are all checked and ready for the Rally.
regards
Pierre

Thanks Pierre. Wish you could be at VIR to enjoy the sunshine and fast cars!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Nice. What cars are you bringing to the Rally Tim?

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I'm bringing the white/blue GT and the Lotus pictured, plus my red/black Viper ACR. Garrett will drive the Lotus (I'll get a few laps too.). I figure with two whole days at a great long track, some variety will spice things up.

Aug 25, 2006
Very nice

Shadowman

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
Tim...just a wild thought...how about you bring the RR Phantom, stiffen those springs and attach some steer horns to the front in order to make Rally V the first of all Rally's to Roll onto the track in a Rolls! LOL! =)

Looking forward to this in a big, big way. See you at VIR on Tuesday night.

FordGT4fun

Thanks Pierre. Wish you could be at VIR to enjoy the sunshine and fast cars!

Maybe i can make it for Rally VI . If you would accept me as a non GT owner . I will follow the post from Rally V and i hope chip and DBK + Ralphie will post a lot of pics and text for all those wo can not attend to this great event. Wish you all a lot of fun with no damage.
regards
Pierre

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
we hope you can come next year. We'll post many great photos for you to enjoy.