Rally to the Rally VII in New Orleans

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Some of us will be meeting at my house near St, Louis on Sunday the 7th and driving to Memphis on Monday the 8th to spend the night. On Tuesday the 9th we'll drive to New Orleans. The drive from Memphis to New Orleans is a straight shot down I-55. I'm looking for motels right now near the south side of Memphis that will accomodate trailers. If you have any interest, please post here or send me a PM. Frank

Last edited:

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
We are only 60 miles west of Memphis and only 30 miles west of 55. Hotels here would be much much safer than Memphis and we have a handful of guys that will be also headed from here down to NOLA. May want to consider making your overnight stop here in Jonesboro, AR (home of all things Ford GT)
:)

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
We are only 60 miles west of Memphis and only 30 miles west of 55. Hotels here would be much much safer than Memphis and we have a handful of guys that will be also headed from here down to NOLA. May want to consider making your overnight stop here in Jonesboro, AR (home of all things Ford GT)
:)

Sounds like a great idea, and I'm sure you would provide safe lodging for the GT's while in your area - :thumbsup

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Wish I could make the drive with you! See you there!

Ed

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Sounds like a great idea, and I'm sure you would provide safe lodging for the GT's while in your area - :thumbsup

Would be no problem :)

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
We'll see you guys there. I may get to NOLA as early as monday night if we make good time from Ohio.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I'll be there on Sunday before the Rally! I'll get the French Quarter warmed up for you Dr Frank!

Ed

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I would seriously stop in Jonesboro Frank. Jonesboro is literally half an hour away from the exit on I-55, and it's the same distance from your place as Memphis is. Can leave the trailers right in the Elite Autos lot, locked up with security cameras, and make Shelby figure out the accommodations.

topshot

GT Owner
Feb 6, 2012
Metro Detroit, MIchigan
I am planning on leaving Michigan and stopping at Jonesboro tuesday night, get up and drive in Wednesday...

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Anymore consideration on coming to Jonesboro? We have several people already coming through. Any of you that need hotel recommendations OR need a place to store your GT and / or trailer let me know. Happy to store your car or trailer at our dealership here. We are only 1 - 1.5 miles from pretty much every Hotel here in Jonesboro and there are PLENTY of them. One of the nicest / newest ones is the HILTON GARDEN INN. I believe everyone that is coming to Jonesboro, plans to get here on the afternoon of the 9th and head out early on the 10th for NOLA. Let me know if any of you would like to Join us

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Camilo is going to drive down from Detroit. I told him to stop your way because he won't be able to take the long drive I'm making. His back freaks out after a certain amount of miles.

Topshot - I'll try and get you guys together to drive down together.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
We are booked into Memphis for Monday night to do some sightseeing and eating.

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Shelby, made my res at Hilton per your recommendation and plan to see you Tues afternoon.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Sounds good!