Rally IV-Prospective of a First Time Attendee:

UFO74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 17, 2008
Ft. Myers, FL
Rally IV was my first Rally. To all you old timers, thank you for your hospitality and making me feel welcome. I appreciate it, and hope to attend, God willing, as many future events as possible.

Special thanks to:

Stormcat and Shegotlegs: for affording me the privilege of acting as their co-pilot from the hotel to the Texas World Speedway and the Texas Mile and introducing me around.

DBK, Francesca, and any other folks who assisted in the planning of this event: I had a wonderful time.

Shadowman and Ron: Shadowman for asking Ron to give me a ride on the track and Ron for giving me the ride of my life in a Ford GT at the Texas World Speedway. Wow!!!!

Chip: For arranging Tuesday evening’s affair and presiding over the memorial to Bony at the River. I never met Bony, but one evening shortly after I joined the forum, I received a phone call from him and we talked for 10 minutes. He made me feel welcome. I consider the way you all treated me this past week as the ultimate tribute to him. Thank you again.

UFO/Al

See picture taken from hotel room below. I was told that the picture contains two of the first GTs produced.

Attachments

• IMG_5110.jpg
    IMG_5110.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 390

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Sorry I did not get to spend more time with you Al! Would like to have had...
Glad you have a great time. Hope to see you at all the future functions!

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
me too, I wish there was more time to hang out and talk to everyone, I will be talking to you about your ultima, as I have wanted one for a long time:thumbsup

UFO74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 17, 2008
Ft. Myers, FL
Sorry I did not get to spend more time with you Al! Would like to have had...
Glad you have a great time. Hope to see you at all the future functions!

No problem. I would not hang around with me either, if I a Bugatti to sell!!

me too, I wish there was more time to hang out and talk to everyone, I will be talking to you about your ultima, as I have wanted one for a long time:thumbsup

Great going on your Texas Mile time. Spoke with Brian Friday night. You guys are welcome to visit anytime. Have a friend in Tampa area with a dry sump Z06 installed in GT, could make arrangements for you to see that one also.

UFO/Al

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
Hi Al,

I'm glad you had the chance to come out and join in the fun! :banana I enjoyed meeting you at the rally and hope to see you at future events.

Piccola (Mary Jo)

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
No problem. I would not hang around with me either, if I a Bugatti to sell!!

Great going on your Texas Mile time. Spoke with Brian Friday night. You guys are welcome to visit anytime. Have a friend in Tampa area with a dry sump Z06 installed in GT, could make arrangements for you to see that one also.

UFO/Al

thanks Al, thats very generous of, I might have to take you up on that offer someday!

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I'm glad you enjoyed your time at the rally. Let's hope for many, many more in the future!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Al ,
Glad you enjoyed the ride !!It was just as fun for me !!
Bring your gal next year,and sign up for the driving school !
It was great meeting you .
P.S. I always do what Shadowman asks !
Ron

UFO74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 17, 2008
Ft. Myers, FL
Hi Al,

I'm glad you had the chance to come out and join in the fun! :banana I enjoyed meeting you at the rally and hope to see you at future events.

Piccola (Mary Jo)

Mary Jo: Enjoyed meeting and talking with you also. Hope to see you next year.

I'm glad you enjoyed your time at the rally. Let's hope for many, many more in the future!

Tim: I'll toast to many more. Am sending you two pictures by email from TX mile. If you do not have, you may enjoy.

Al ,
Glad you enjoyed the ride !!It was just as fun for me !!
Bring your gal next year,and sign up for the driving school !
It was great meeting you .
P.S. I always do what Shadowman asks !
Ron

Ron: I hope to bring car. I will not be taking it on tracks. I participated in all kinds of speed events in my past. With age, my hand to eye coordination, reflexes and vision has deteriorated. I have had great fun racing and still do without racing. However, as Clint Eastword said, "A mans got to know his limitations." In my wildest dreams, I was not and never could be as proficient as you. Over the years, I have ridden with many good drivers, you are one of the best. Again, thanks for a blast from the past.

UFO/Al

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
It was great meeting you Al and I enjoyed visiting with you during the Rally. I especially appreciate the photos you emailed to me - Many Thanks! I look forward to seeing you again at the next one!
Dave

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Al, I really enjoyed meeting and hanging out with you.
Looking forward to hooking up down south and at the next rally or if you're ever up this way. Thanks for the pictures and the laughs. Please say hello to Fran.

Keep smiling :cheers :usa

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Al, it was great to meet you and I'm glad you had a good time. Even without a car, I saw you at least appearing to have a good time all week. :lol Here's to the next one! :cheers

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Al ,
How far are you from Sarasota?

UFO74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 17, 2008
Ft. Myers, FL
Al ,
How far are you from Sarasota?

Ron:

About 100 miles

Al

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Hey Al.
Just getting caught up on the Forum.. It was great to meet you and hang out. Thanks for making the ride back from TWS entertaining !! Without you keeping me awake I might be tied up in some barn some where and there may or may not be some farmers daughters around !!! :lol

Thanks for the great photos as well. I and Helenor appreciate it !! :thumbsup Be good dad !! Stay in touch...:biggrin

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Hey Al,
My wife and I enjoyed meeting you too, funny you were one of the first people we met and one of the only other people there without a car too (like us)

Steve

UFO74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 17, 2008
Ft. Myers, FL

Like wise. +1 for the future. :cheers

It was great meeting you Al and I enjoyed visiting with you during the Rally. I especially appreciate the photos you emailed to me - Many Thanks! I look forward to seeing you again at the next one!
Dave

My pleasure and yes +1 for the future. :cheers