Rally 8 Reference

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
I see in the description of this Forum that Rally 8 is posted as being in Northern California. Any other info than that at this time?

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Where do you see that?

And that would be most excellent, BTW:)

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
When I go to Forum and it gives the descriptions of each Catagory topic. It lists the location of each of the previous Rally's 1 - 7 and then has Rally 8 listed as "NOR CAL".

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
When I go to Forum and it gives the descriptions of each Catagory topic. It lists the location of each of the previous Rally's 1 - 7 and then has Rally 8 listed as "NOR CAL".

Ha. So it does. If it's Monterey/Laguna Seca, I HAVE to get a GT by then!

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Hope I didn't spoil anything by catching this. It was not my intention. I am just very committed to attending the next one if possible.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I don't understand this thread at all, but my money is on Sears Point.

Edit: I see the reference now. lol. Okay...I'm offering 3:1 odds.

Last edited:

cobra498

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2010
Central Ca;ifornia
I guess we should all check into mufflers to pass sound if it will be at either Laguna or Sears, how about Circuit of the Americas in Texas?

I don't understand this thread at all, but my money is on Sears Point.

Edit: I see the reference now. lol. Okay...I'm offering 3:1 odds.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Laguna is a safer track, but unless DBK somehow got an unlimited sound day, almost no one will be below the sound limit.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
A stock Z06 or Viper will not pass a 92db day at Laguna. That is bad for us. They even have 90db days. My guess is the tire noise from an electric car will not pass that day!

Ed

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
I would venture a guess that DBK is aware of the sound restrictions at Mazda and the penchant for FGT owners to make their cars very loud:) So, either he's made arrangements for an unlimited sound day or it's not going to be there.

topshot

GT Owner
Feb 6, 2012
Metro Detroit, MIchigan
Are the dates set for Rally 8 yet?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Nope

Are the dates set for Rally 8 yet?

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
It takes a lot of research, planning and work to put together a GT Rally and we just attended one. Dave has got enough on his plate for now, let him rest for now. It will happen and will be great so ease up. Most of us don't really realize what it takes.