Rally 11 Poster

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Yes indeed, super easy to replace. Can do it in 5 minutes each. And yes, they are a bargain!!

Note the "2004" on the stickers.

I'm a bit leery of these "New Old Stock" parts, especially after seeing a forum member's clamshell with brand "new" struts blow shut in a light breeze. Sitting on the shelf seeping nitrogen for 12 years.

I'm going to spec some struts from McMaster Carr. $17 each. 15.24" is the correct length I think. Just have to figure out the right extension force. Weight of clamshell on a bathroom scale divided by two, and add 10 lbs each for wind resistance.

https://www.mcmaster.com/#gas-struts/=15m1at7

Last edited:

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Nobody likes a smartass, Soroush......
Aaron Brothers, north side of Richmond just outside the West Loop. All of their "Metropolitan" frames are currently half off
:wink

Soroush....I took mine yesterday..all u have to do is google Aaron bros coupon to get what the Mongrel is talking about..

http://www.aaronbrothers.com/coupons/
thanks Ill take mine tomorrow I have some other ones from prior rallies that need to be framed so this will help out a lot thanks again.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Maybe DBK has some for sale for those who couldn't make it t the rally!

Ed

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
You guys are fast in getting them up, makes me feel lazy.

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
Screen Shot 2016-09-22 at 8.08.24 AM

I do really like this poster. anyone know the source?

Attachments

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Screen Shot 2016-09-22 at 8.08.24 AM

I do really like this poster. anyone know the source?
Ford Performance gave them away for completing a marketing survey.

I have an extra. Give me a mailing address and it's yours.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
who's dorry? :lol

have dorry try taking the pictures upside down

and please send me Aarons information :)
Nobody likes a smartass, Soroush......
Aaron Brothers, north side of Richmond just outside the West Loop. All of their "Metropolitan" frames are currently half off

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I don't know if all Michael's are consistent quality, but my local store is top notch. Which is more than I can say about the distortion control of my phone camera lens.

IMG_20161014_160425.jpg

FGT899

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 10, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
Can I get one if I attended COTA to cheer on Ford but sat on the opposite grandstand? :shrug I did get to see the 50 GT's in the parking lot which was quite a sight! And some sweet Ford gear at the tent. What a fantastic day.

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
When did I miss these? I did not make Sunday's event as I was heading home for work late Saturday night .

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I don't know about any one else but I'm running out of room for my art work from all the Rally's. Guess I'll have to add on to my building? That's just one side of the wall too.

Attachments

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
And the other side.

Attachments

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
Man, Thats a really nice poster for this year!

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Well done Tomy

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
Well done Tomy
+1 looks really good.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Just get Sue to give up some closet space.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
And the other side.

Tomy, it appears that you have bigger problems than art. There doesn't seem to be room for a new GT! :biggrin

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
I went a different route with a poster Xcentric was kind enough to send me. Thought it might be a nice piece for car shows. Perfect size for two locations on the car, as we might have to add another next June... For anyone copying the idea, I would suggest an additional bar to hold the clamshell open. I had a gust of wind close my shell at a car show once, no big problem, but it would tend to mess up the poster.
It will be about 5 months here before I can take a car show picture.

Attachments

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I went a different route with a poster Xcentric was kind enough to send me. Thought it might be a nice piece for car shows. Perfect size for two locations on the car, as we might have to add another next June... For anyone copying the idea, I would suggest an additional bar to hold the clamshell open. I had a gust of wind close my shell at a car show once, no big problem, but it would tend to mess up the poster.
It will be about 5 months here before I can take a car show picture.
That's pretty sweet!

If the clamshell blows shut, you need new struts. Sounds like a little rap.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Rear clam shell shocks loose their pressure and need to be replaced. Not expensive to replace. I recently replaced mine.