Radio Sports Junkie!

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
I know I maybe laughed off the forum for this, But I am a A.M. radio sports talk show junkie. Quit that NOW!!!
I have noticed very poor A.M. radio reception and after doing a search I couldn't find anything helpful about the antena. I seem to have pretty good reception untill I start the car or sometimes it even stays clear for awhile after starting to move. Then it will get static and will go from slightly bad to horrible. I haven't removed the radio yet (mac.) to check out the connection (I don't have the special tool yet and have fat hands). Anyone else a sports talk show junkie? I have found a new love for the F.M. and the mac. stereo recently tho! The car is going back in to the dealer in a week to fix the guages that don't work and I am trying to get him to replace the control module under warranty. I even thought maybe something like the control module in the dash could be interfering with the A.M. reception.
Sorry for the wacky topic, but I would love to have my a.m. for those morning commutes!

Larry

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
My radio recep is also very poor. Think it is a design issue.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
The AM/FM reception from my MAC is top notch.

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
I just listen to the exhaust. I'ts more intelligent.

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I just listen to the exhaust.

+1 :thumbsup

There's a radio in this thing? :wink

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
AM radio in a Ford GT in the Houston area is not good as I have noticed especially if your on the fringe area of the AM station (Texas City, Texas 30 miles south of Houston). Tomy Hamon

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I don't have the mac but the radio reception has been pretty crap the few times I've turned on the stereo in 15,000 miles. You know what I'd get? Have a mini-jack input cable run so you can access it and put in Sirius. Plenty of sports talk radio on there and no reception issues.

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Thanks Guys!

I like DBK's solution plus I have read the post on adding my IPOD. Will see what I can do with a XM. My wife lets me get away with alot but since Howard Stearn is on Sirus I must use XM. I guess soon they will be one and the same.

Larry

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
I just listen to the exhaust. I'ts more intelligent.

I agree !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good one :biggrin