Radical RXC Turbo?

GTinTN

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2019
Brentwood, TN
I was driving around a few days ago and saw a car I was not familiar with. It was parked at a barbershop and so I whipped around to take a closer look.
The body appeared to have been made entirely of carbon fiber and it had Radical RXC Turbo and Ford badging. It used the Ford Ecoboost 6 cylinder engine and the website indicates weight at around 940kg or 2,068lbs! It looked more like a track car than street car and had trouble handling the slope of entrance/exit ramp for the barber shop without dragging (no push button adjustments obviously).
I googled the Radical RXC website and it is made by a British manufacturer and has lots of information
It is a cool looking car, wondering if others have seen or driven this type car?

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
I was driving around a few days ago and saw a car I was not familiar with. It was parked at a barbershop and so I whipped around to take a closer look.
The body appeared to have been made entirely of carbon fiber and it had Radical RXC Turbo and Ford badging. It used the Ford Ecoboost 6 cylinder engine and the website indicates weight at around 940kg or 2,068lbs! It looked more like a track car than street car and had trouble handling the slope of entrance/exit ramp for the barber shop without dragging (no push button adjustments obviously).
I googled the Radical RXC website and it is made by a British manufacturer and has lots of information
It is a cool looking car, wondering if others have seen or driven this type car?
I've been racing a Radical SR3 for a number of years (and at one point, looked at buying the company in my "day job"). They are very fast and fun to drive, and like any proper race car, require a good bit of support to campaign. I haven't driven the RXC, but it looks to be mostly a track car that manages (barely) to be street legal. Remarkably, Radical is the 2nd largest production manufacturer of race cars behind Porsche. So, there's that.

Reactions: Apollo

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
There are many of the different models from Radical including several RXCs at Spring Mountain Motorsports where some from the Forum here are members.
Like many British companies, Radical seems to always seem to be on the edge of financial ruin and in need to be bailed out. Somehow they keep pushing on, probably because they have a great niche. Radical makes very fast, very fun cars, but they are far from hi tech or high quality.
Radicals are single focused and hard to beat for their purpose - which is being very fast and very fun on track. There are few cars that can give you faster track times including most race cars.
As a street car, it would be impractical, and tough to enjoy They are very low, very loud, and very crude. Probably more of a C&C use than taking a drive kind of car.

Reactions: KennethClay