Pull behind trailer

Jan A. Byrd

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
Percy IL
Has anyone attached a small pull behind trailer to their GT yet? I would like to take mine on over night trips but have no way to carry extra cloths and etc. Any hitch devices devised yet? Jan.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
I recall one at GT Rally I here in Detroit. It had an extra set of tires/tools on it. I do not know who owned it.
Looked cool and weird at the same time.
AJB

Jan A. Byrd

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
Percy IL
I have purchased a neat little trailer off e-bay which will work perfectly which is normally used behind a motocycle. I haven't had time to access the hitch options yet if their are any at all. I thought about building a completely new aluminum rear bumper with hitch to change out when I need the use of the trailer. Wonder if anyone has any really good ideas or knows how it can be done. Jan.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
A friend of mine has a small trailer he pulls behind his GT .He carries track wheels and some tools . I believe Bob Ida did the trailer and hitch. www.idaautomotive.com

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
GT Trailer

Here's a pic from Rally I of the GT with the trailer attached.......

trlr_2_Medium_.JPG

I posted another shot in my Gallery, too.

Jeff

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Was that Dave Baron's GT?

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
I can't imagine putting a tow hitch on my GT! But I certainly understand the need for space.

Other options are small, soft bags, along with smart packing. Soft hanging bags fit pretty well behind the seats. Soft bags with clothes (where heat doesn't matter) can be put up front. Laptop in "sleeve", along with shoe bags can go in passenger leg area.

If you want extra tires, you're going to need a trailer or you could always strap them to the roof! Ha, ha! =)

If you get one setup - I'd love to see the pics up here.

dbackg

dbackg
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
I can't imagine putting a tow hitch on my GT! But I certainly understand the need for space.

Shane, I could agree with you more. "Pulling a trailer in the GT". :ack

ok STOP.

Go to a mirror, and say that out loud to yourself.

Pulling a trailer in the GT ... I suppose it would be ok if you lived a trailer park.
:rofl

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
I'm going to put a hitch on my GT and drag Soroush's GT to 230mph at the Texas Mile. :tongue

dbackg

dbackg
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
I'm going to put a hitch on my GT and drag Soroush's GT to 230mph at the Texas Mile. :tongue

now that's funny. :lol

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
"I'm going to put a hitch on my GT and drag Soroush's GT to 230mph at the Texas Mile. "

OH MY!!!!

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
no, no no. you guys got it all wrong. JC Whitney sells a rooftop luggage carrier for all your extra goodies you need to travel with. now that's class!!! just think of matching stripes running up and over the luggage carrier and with matching paint to your car. now we're talkin!!!

dbackg

dbackg
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
no, no no. you guys got it all wrong. JC Whitney sells a rooftop luggage carrier for all your extra goodies you need to travel with. now that's class!!! just think of matching stripes running up and over the luggage carrier and with matching paint to your car. now we're talkin!!!

right.

then roll down your windows and run the hold down strap through the interior ... oh and don't forget to add a mattress too. you never know, you might have to stop for a quickie ... nap this is.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
J Byrd, Dave Baron (here as BaronDW) indeed has a small trailer hooked to his GT for towing track items. He has posted pictures, probably in his Gallery. You may not have access to this since you are not a contributing member on the Forum.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Yes

Was that Dave Baron's GT?

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007

thats because you finally realized that your car will never do 230 and you need the power from my car to push you from behind to reach the 230 mark:biggrin

dbackg

dbackg
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
thats because you finally realized that your car will never do 230 and you need the power from my car to push you from behind to reach the 230 mark:biggrin

ok. that's funny too! :rofl

however, if it were a race, this does mean Mullet is 1st.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
ok. that's funny too! :rofl

however, if it were a race, this does mean Mullet is 1st.

yes :lol

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas

:bored

:thumbsup

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Might want to mail stuff to your various locations. I have done this.