Private messages hanging after submit

Gruntled

GT Owner
Dec 11, 2005
I've been sending a few PMs lately and have noticed on some of my replies, after I click submit, the computer hangs. It does not even prompt for read receipt.

If I do not include the prior PMs text (Quote...Quote) then it doesn't seem to hang.

If I reduce the number of my typed characters down to just a sentence or two, it doesn't hang.

Any ideas?

Thanks

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Are you using Internet Explorer?

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Same with me and yes to Internet Explorer. But only when replying not creating.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'd recommend using the latest version of Mozilla, because I don't believe there is any type of fix for that seemingly random occurence with IE. I know the vBulletin people were working on it, so perhaps they fixed it for v3.5 (which I'll switch over to some time in the near future).

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Sorry about that. It used to happen to me all the time on SVTperformance.com using IE on my desktop, but never on my Powerbook. vBulletin is by far the biggest internet board code so I'm sure it'll get resolved.

On a side note, you may want to try Firefox by Mozilla anyways. I use it on my desktop now. Most people find it superior to IE and I'm told it's much more secure and less prone to popups...