Power Steering Return Hose - 4G7Z.3A713.AA - 2006 Ford GT

tramos9

GT Owner
Nov 9, 2017
I have a very small leak in my power steering return hose, 4G7Z.3A713.AA.

I get a “discontinued product” on Ford product websites including www.oemfordpart.com.

Any advice where I can find one or have one made or modified?

Tim

FB959C41-6078-46FE-969C-276D96EB0E6E.jpeg

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Try the GT Guy in Detroit.

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
Not sure which line this is. The PS return lines are a combination of metal tubes and hoses. I assume the leak is on one of the hoses fastened with constant tension spring clamps. Return hoses have minor pressure. Most auto parts stores carry this hose in bulk. It is generally labelled as transmission oil cooler hose or maybe power steering hose rated around 300 degrees and comes in various diameters.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
If it’s the hose leaking at one of the fittings, take it to a hydraulic equipment shop or farm equipment shop. They can use your metal fittings and swedge new hose onto the fittings.

tramos9

GT Owner
Nov 9, 2017
If it’s the hose leaking at one of the fittings, take it to a hydraulic equipment shop or farm equipment shop. They can use your metal fittings and swedge new hose onto the fittings.
Thanks

tramos9

GT Owner
Nov 9, 2017
Try the GT Guy in Detroit.
Thanks. I’ll reach out.

tramos9

GT Owner
Nov 9, 2017
Not sure which line this is. The PS return lines are a combination of metal tubes and hoses. I assume the leak is on one of the hoses fastened with constant tension spring clamps. Return hoses have minor pressure. Most auto parts stores carry this hose in bulk. It is generally labelled as transmission oil cooler hose or maybe power steering hose rated around 300 degrees and comes in various diameters.
It’s from the Line Reservoir. I may go this route if I can find an OEM part.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Remove the old hose and take it with you to a large auto parts stores. Ask them if you can wander up and down their hose aisles for a few minutes. I've never had them tell me no! Then, just compare your hose to those that are there and I'm pretty sure you can find a good match - though you may need to cut off one end or the other.

tramos9

GT Owner
Nov 9, 2017
It’s from the Line Reservoir. I may go this route if I can’t find an OEM part.

69b302

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2021
Upstate NY
Did you ever find a close match to the OEM line? I have a small leak at pump end of this line, and would like to get as close a match as possible.

Reactions: Johntpr

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
If you can't find one from Ford try having one made. Bring in the hose with the end fittings to a heavy equipment dealer, one that sells bobcats and backhoes. They make them all day long. A Google search for "hydraulic hose repair [near me]" listed at least a dozen places.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2112

69b302

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2021
Upstate NY
This is a low pressure return line with constant tension clamps. Really only looking to see if someone found a line with similar bends. I know straight universal line will work, and the line is pretty hidden, but if I can find something that matches. My Ford parts people say obsolete and nothing available.

Reactions: Johntpr

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Wrap the end of hose a few times with PVC tape(flexseal if you want)and put the clamp back on. It comes in different mil thicknesses and will add clamp force back. It's oil, water and temp resistant. I've never tried it but might be worth a try if that's why it's seeping

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Some NAPA stores also make hydraulic lines.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
It’s true they did stop making them. But Rich Brooks of Gt garage fame has found someone to produce them. In fact I got the first one. I recommend reaching out to Rich.
He informed me that the cars that don’t get driven seem to have the problem more than the car as they do. Yes you know what I’m gonna say next? Or what’s the lesson here? Yeah go drive your car!!

Reactions: PeteK

69b302

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2021
Upstate NY
I do actually drive the car often, but at some point prior to my ownership it must have sat for a while. Any tips on getting a hold of Rich Brooks for the line? I am not an existing customer.