Portion of Sam Pack Collection up for auction

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
Saw this on another forum.

I remember seeing some of his collection during the pre-rally get together in Dallas before our first rally in Austin.

Sam was there to show us around and more than willing to take time to visit and answer any questions.

http://www.rmauctions.com/lots/?SaleCode=SP14&feature=0&sort=lot

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Great collection of first class vehicles. Talked to Sam last week and he told me he is planning on reducing some of his collection due to the fact " I can't put my arms around my 350 car collection, so I'm going to sell off 125-130". I know Sam Packs collection and they are PRESTINE. All going at no reserve. Great collector just wants to house all under one roof. Worth going to Auction.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
The scene at Sam's auction is going to be similar to the Don Davis auction that RM did last year. I had the pleasure of sitting in the room and watching the fireworks. These auto dealer titans have wonderful collections. Don D. sold a 330 GTS for 1.9 mil last year. Same car flipped for 2.9 this year at Monterrey. Unfortunately I'm racing in a 37 hour (yes that's over a day and a half) endurance race with Chumpcars that weekend or I would definitely trek over to Dallas for the auction. RM is a top notch auction house.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Yikes!!! A huge collector and gambler, 130 cars at no reserve. I guess when you're rich, money isn't important any more. Not criticizing his success - good on him - just making a curious observation from someone that will never experience being rich. I dated a girl once who told me that she never thinks about how much something costs since it's always within her means. She is a real jet-setter traveling to Europe and other places around the world to shop like we drive to Wal-Mart.