Porsche Cayman

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Anyone have or had a Porsche Cayman and want to offer any input as the wife thinks she wants one

Thanks

Steve

H

HHGT

Anyone have or had a Porsche Cayman and want to offer any input as the wife thinks she wants one

Thanks

Steve

My wife looked at them and preferred the Mercedes GL & ML from a comfort and ergonomic perspective. She said it was more of a Man's SUV... Sounded great...

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
My ex wife has the Mercedes GL and lives about two miles from here so i don't think thats an option !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
My wife looked at them and preferred the Mercedes GL & ML from a comfort and ergonomic perspective. She said it was more of a Man's SUV... Sounded great...

And just in case I said Cayman not Cayenne

H

HHGT

And just in case I said Cayman not Cayenne

Oops sorry...

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I've been with the PCA at track events and found them to be very nice. Not bad trunk space up front. Needs a fire extinguisher system for the mid-engine, but I think someone makes them.

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
I love these. Would be a great car for your wife, or anyone for that matter. What about a Boxster? Or does she not want a convertible?

Aug 25, 2006
It is my understanding that the "S" version adds to the fun factor by many times.

Cool car

Takes care

Shadowman

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
I own a 2009 C4 as my daily driver.........Last week I was given the chance to swap cars with a friend who had a 2009 Cayman. Compared to the C4, the Cayman is confortable, and most of all, very easy on the bottom end. You see, driving in NYC you cannot miss a pot hole if your life depended on it. The car was very responsive, with plenty of room, and I could not believe how soft the suspension was, compared to my car. Like night and day difference...... Personally, I believe it to be a great car.

Gino

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Thanks for all the info guys !!! I'll let you know what we decide and post photos if and when the time comes

Thanks

Steve

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Very interested in this as my wife has expressed interest also.

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I bought a 09 Boxster S as a daily driver and really like it. There is a turbo kit out for it that will get it to 485hp. :biggrin

John

I bought my wife a new Audi TT convertible and she loves it.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Very interested in this as my wife has expressed interest also.

Wait a minute - aren't you towing her GT around for her :lol

Don't you get 1st choice on the next one :lol

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Wait a minute - aren't you towing her GT around for her :lol

Don't you get 1st choice on the next one :lol

Jeeez - can't get anything by you Ralphie. :willy I was hoping to borrow her GT every once and a while by letting her drive "my" next car, (whatever that may end up being).... :biggrin
I sure wish I could swing another GT - :biggrin
Monica say's she really loves you! :bored

A-man

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 6, 2007
Southern Alberta, Canada
It is a car I highly recommend and not just for spouses, provided it is the "S". While its rep is either "girl's Porsche" or "poor man's 911", it is in my opinion not justified. I have the Boxster S which is basically the same car and the cost:fun ratio is off the charts.

I track mine regularly and the true beauty of it is that mere mortals can operate this car near the limit, beating the pants off more exotic cars having much more hp. Great fun. Needless to say, approaching the (albeit much lower) limit of this car is significantly easier than attempting to do so in the GT.

I lowered it slightly and punched the wheels out. John, have you made any engine mods?