Ponies in the Poconos, May 4-7 2011

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
One of my local car guys is very active with Shelby. They are putting on this event next year:

Here is their website: http://www.poniesinthepoconos.com/

The first annual
PONIES IN THE POCONOS
track event

May 4th - 7th 2011 at
Pocono Raceway in Long Pond, PA

This is THE event the East Coast has been waiting for!!!

Three days of intense action and great times. This will be the event of the year.

•Welcome Reception with goodie bag, hor d'oeuvres and an open bar (7-8pm)
•Thursday - Full day of driving instruction (PDC - Performance Driving Clinic) by the Bertil Roos professional racing school
•Friday - Full day of open track driving on Pocono Raceway plus timed Slalom runs on the front stretch of Pocono! (See video page for slalom demo)
•Banquet Dinner Friday evening with awards and prizes
•Scenic Drive/Poker Run Saturday with a great stop for lunch (optional)
Open to Shelbys, Cobras, Ford GT, Saleen, Roush, Boss, Mach1 and other special Ford vehicles.

The Host hotel is the Chateau Resort and Conference Center in Tannersville, PA.

Space is VERY limited (especially for the Thursday PDC) so reserve your spot now! A $250 deposit will hold your spot. Get a $50 discount if you register before December 15th. This will be an intimate event. To ensure the highest level of learning, the student to instructor ratio will be 3:1. Becase of that we will be Limited to 50 cars on Thursday.

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
That sounds like a really cool event. Just wish I was out on the East Coast.

sportscars

Oct 22, 2009
Alamo city
Come on Rick, its only 2700 miles! Besides, I saw that you have a new trunk now. Plenty of room for all your stuff.

Seriously, it is going to be a great event. Hope to make a few new GT friends there.

sportscars

Oct 22, 2009
Alamo city
Just want to remind everyone that the early registration discount is good until 12/15. See the website for full details.

sportscars

Oct 22, 2009
Alamo city
Have a good mix of interesting cars registered. Still looking for some GT's however......

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
If it was closer I would go.

sportscars

Oct 22, 2009
Alamo city
I know Chris. But don't worry - I'm still working on a Texas event. And there is always Terlingua in October! You, DonnyMac and Rick will all be there. :cheers

BTW - Still have some slots open for Ponies in the Poconos. Shelby is sending us four new cars and Gary Patterson is our guest speaker for the banquet. Car show and Poker run on Saturday.

Last edited: