PM Reads "Unread 1"

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
This is small potatoes but for the last month or so, my PMs indicates I have 1 unread when I don't. When I do get a PM, it notches up to 2 and then will drop back down to 1 after I've read the new PM.

Anyway to clear it?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
This is small potatoes but for the last month or so, my PMs indicates I have 1 unread when I don't. When I do get a PM, it notches up to 2 and then will drop back down to 1 after I've read the new PM.

Anyway to clear it?

Have you gone down the whole list of your PM's clear back to the "first" one you have on file to see if maybe it got posted waaaaaaaaaay down that list somehow?

I've had that happen on Yahoo! a couple times.

Just a thought...

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Have you gone down the whole list of your PM's clear back to the "first" one you have on file to see if maybe it got posted waaaaaaaaaay down that list somehow?

I've had that happen on Yahoo! a couple times.

Just a thought...

Thanks, yep, just did. Nada. It just showed up about a month ago so figure it's something else.

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
mystery messages...

I clear out my PM's regularly and typically only have 2-3 at a time sitting there, yet this has happened to me as well. One day it said "1 new message", but that message never showed up. It did go away when I cleared my inbox. Hopefully it wasn't important!

MJ

nthfinity

Apr 18, 2006
South East MI
likely a browser casche error

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Sounds like you have a stalker.

Nothing to worry about.

Keep your doors locked and a light on overnight.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Just another "you won a new Ford GT" contest requiring a response in 24 hours, nothing important... :eek

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Think it is a browser - casche issue. Clear your cashe and see if that works. What browsers are you using?

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
Happened to me using Firefox.

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Think it is a browser - casche issue. Clear your cashe and see if that works. What browsers are you using?

Browsers, cache...this stuff is way too complicated for me. I'm still learning English and how to drive!

Thank you all for your help. See y'all tomorrow night! :banana:cheers:banana

gtjim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 28, 2006
Sounds like you have a stalker.

Nothing to worry about.

Keep your doors locked and a light on overnight.

Remember .... Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not really out to get you! :biggrin:biggrin