Phoenix GT BBQ - Sat., May 2

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
OK all, I've been mumbling about one for months and Team Jeff was urging me to do it (we're on the same street) - so my wife and I have decided to host a GT BBQ on Saturday, May 2.

Here are the initial details:

Location: 67th Ave & Happy Valley Rd (PM me for exact address)
Time: 4pm 'til ???
Food: "Mexican Style BBQ" - Carne Asada; Pollo Asada; Fresh Tortillas; Beans & Rice; Chips & Salsa.
Drinks: cheers Beer, Soda, Water & Whatever we can empty out of the "Red Velvet Lounge"!

If those who are attending can bring either appetizers or a dessert - that would be fantastic (I think I know someon down the street that makes killer pumpkin-chocolate-chip cookies!)

Other fun: "Red Velvet Lounge" is quaint - but has a pool table, darts and in particular for this group - a virtual driving cockpit. We'll have to have some Forza 2 competitions! And John G. - I think we still have a standing pool match going from Las Vegas! :thumbsup

Please RSVP asap so I plan appropriately.

I look forward to seeing many of the PHX GT folks again and meeting some new ones as well.

Team Jeff

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2007
Can't wait Shane! :thumbsup I'm sure I can get Jen to make a big batch of cookies!

Now, how do I get there again?? :wink

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
You can count on 2 mooses!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Team CB

Chip & Veronica & our Screaming Yellow Zonker will be there.

Chip

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
Oh, I forgot...there's a pool and jacuzzi for anyone that wants to cool off by May 2. I won't be in there. Trust me - you don't want to see this is a speedo!

I'll wait a few days before I start the attendee list. Thanks all!

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Barry and Arlette from Flagstaff want to make it and will try and give as much heads up notice as possible (a function of horse, dog, and cat sitting, and closing on daughter's house in Ahwatukee). She'll be a new ER Resident Doc at Maricopa County General this summer! (sorry about the sort of bragging).

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
... and closing on daughter's house in Ahwatukee). She'll be a new ER Resident Doc at Maricopa County General this summer!

Congrats to her on both her residency AND her "residence"! :cheers :thumbsup:thumbsup

(...anywhere near Equestrian Way by any chance??)

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Thanks! A little south, just off of Sun Ray Park. We don't need to mention anything equestrian to her.......:frown. She might be a little busy.

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
We don't need to mention anything equestrian to her.......:frown. She might be a little busy.

Mum's the word! :lol

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
Barry and Arlette from Flagstaff want to make it and will try and give as much heads up notice as possible

Best of luck with the 'sitter line up. And congrats on your daughter. Mine aren't quite that old yet - but it's gotta feel great seeing success in your kids as adults.

One question: why is the GT in your thumbnail being pulled onto a flatbed? That's not a good pic - unless it's being unloaded from your purchase!

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sitting logistics resolved. Barry and Arlette to be there. We will (we all will) sorely miss our honorary Arizona GT owner that attended so many AZ. events. Thank you Bony for drawing us into all the wonderful folks here.

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
It's looking good...Glatz? Cantwell?

4RD GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 7, 2006
AZ
Phx BBQ

Would love to meet up with everyone, however I will be in Chicago....hope to see everyone soon! john-Blue

JBG

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 25, 2006
Scottsdale
Shane

Rosemarie and I are planning on being there but it is dependent upon the weather. Been spending alot of time in Northern AZ looking for tatanka. Hopefully, our upcoming heat will melt some of the snow and allow me to complete the mission before the BBQ. I'll keep in touch.

John

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
JBG, come to Rockford, IL. There are plenty of tatanka.

Team Jeff

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2007
Shane

Rosemarie and I are planning on being there but it is dependent upon the weather. Been spending alot of time in Northern AZ looking for tatanka. Hopefully, our upcoming heat will melt some of the snow and allow me to complete the mission before the BBQ. I'll keep in touch.

John

I hope you two can make it! Your always good company :thumbsup

Good luck with the Bison! They make fantastic burgers as I'm sure you know.

JBG

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 25, 2006
Scottsdale
JBG, come to Rockford, IL. There are plenty of tatanka.

Frank

Where are they roaming? Only place I've ever seen them are at FermiLab.

I hope you two can make it! Your always good company :thumbsup

Good luck with the Bison! They make fantastic burgers as I'm sure you know.

Grill has been warming up for the past month. SOON.......the snow will melt :biggrin

Team Jeff

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2007
Supposed to be 92 in the valley tomorrow. Should be some aggressive melting going on up there in the woods!

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
Where are they roaming?

John - with 101 today in the valley I hope you're tatanka hunting is good. If not, I've seen many roaming Wyoming back in the days I lived there.

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
Here's the short list so far:

(2) Shane & April Ettestad (Hosts)
(2) Team Jeff
(2) Mooses
(2) Chip & Veronica Beck
(2) Barry and Arlette

PENDING...
(2) Glatz
(2) Cantwell
(2) GT38

Anyone else? I know we've got a few more GT's in AZ!